Digital TV News: Justin Sampson
BARB launches BVOD ad planner for the UK
Jun 16, 2020 – BARB has launched a beta BVOD planner to help agencies and advertisers plan advertising campaigns across BARB-reported commercial broadcasters’ linear channels and VOD platforms in the UK.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BARB launches integration with IPA TouchPoints
Mar 10, 2020 – BARB has launched an integration with IPA TouchPoints. This means that all of BARB’s daily audience data can now be analysed by IPA TouchPoints classifications, helping users to understand more about viewers through a wider range of behavioural definitions.
News categories: BARB, IPA, Justin Sampson, Belinda Beeftink, Advertising, Big Data, UK
BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
Jan 21, 2020 – BARB, the UK television audience measurement currency, has begun to report unduplicated programme reach and time spent viewing figures across multiple screens. The new figures are reported on a daily basis across three screens (TV sets, tablets and PCs).
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Big Data, Digital TV, Tablet, UK
BARB issues invitation to tender for major research contracts
Apr 4, 2019 – BARB, the UK TV audience measurement currency, has issued an invitation to tender for two of its main research contracts. The invitation comes as BARB prepares for the challenge of keeping pace with continuing changes in how people watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
BARB awards Dovetail Fusion contract to Kantar Media
Feb 17, 2017 – BARB has announced that the Dovetail Fusion contract has been awarded to Kantar Media. Dovetail Fusion allows customers to evaluate the total reach of programmes and advertising campaigns across TV sets, personal computers and tablets.
News categories: Kantar Media, BARB, Margo Swadley, Justin Sampson, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, UK
BARB launches The UK Television Landscape Report
Mar 22, 2016 – BARB has announced the launch of The UK Television Landscape Report, a quarterly review of population trends and changes in how people can watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, UK
BARB to release UK OTT viewing report
Jul 24, 2015 – BARB has announced that a beta version of its TV Player Report is to be released in September, providing figures on the level of viewing to on-demand and live-streamed content in the UK through online TV Player apps.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, UK
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert