Digital TV News: Justin Sampson
BARB launches integration with IPA TouchPoints
Mar 10, 2020 – BARB has launched an integration with IPA TouchPoints. This means that all of BARB’s daily audience data can now be analysed by IPA TouchPoints classifications, helping users to understand more about viewers through a wider range of behavioural definitions.
News categories: BARB, IPA, Justin Sampson, Belinda Beeftink, Advertising, Big Data, UK
BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
Jan 21, 2020 – BARB, the UK television audience measurement currency, has begun to report unduplicated programme reach and time spent viewing figures across multiple screens. The new figures are reported on a daily basis across three screens (TV sets, tablets and PCs).
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Big Data, Digital TV, Tablet, UK
BARB issues invitation to tender for major research contracts
Apr 4, 2019 – BARB, the UK TV audience measurement currency, has issued an invitation to tender for two of its main research contracts. The invitation comes as BARB prepares for the challenge of keeping pace with continuing changes in how people watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
BARB awards Dovetail Fusion contract to Kantar Media
Feb 17, 2017 – BARB has announced that the Dovetail Fusion contract has been awarded to Kantar Media. Dovetail Fusion allows customers to evaluate the total reach of programmes and advertising campaigns across TV sets, personal computers and tablets.
News categories: Kantar Media, BARB, Margo Swadley, Justin Sampson, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, UK
BARB launches The UK Television Landscape Report
Mar 22, 2016 – BARB has announced the launch of The UK Television Landscape Report, a quarterly review of population trends and changes in how people can watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, UK
BARB to release UK OTT viewing report
Jul 24, 2015 – BARB has announced that a beta version of its TV Player Report is to be released in September, providing figures on the level of viewing to on-demand and live-streamed content in the UK through online TV Player apps.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, UK
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation