Digital TV News: Justin Sampson
BARB issues invitation to tender for major research contracts
Apr 4, 2019 – BARB, the UK TV audience measurement currency, has issued an invitation to tender for two of its main research contracts. The invitation comes as BARB prepares for the challenge of keeping pace with continuing changes in how people watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
BARB awards Dovetail Fusion contract to Kantar Media
Feb 17, 2017 – BARB has announced that the Dovetail Fusion contract has been awarded to Kantar Media. Dovetail Fusion allows customers to evaluate the total reach of programmes and advertising campaigns across TV sets, personal computers and tablets.
News categories: Kantar Media, BARB, Margo Swadley, Justin Sampson, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, UK
BARB launches The UK Television Landscape Report
Mar 22, 2016 – BARB has announced the launch of The UK Television Landscape Report, a quarterly review of population trends and changes in how people can watch television.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, UK
BARB to release UK OTT viewing report
Jul 24, 2015 – BARB has announced that a beta version of its TV Player Report is to be released in September, providing figures on the level of viewing to on-demand and live-streamed content in the UK through online TV Player apps.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, UK
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption