Digital TV News: KBS
Over 233 million 4K TVs to ship in 2024
Jun 27, 2019 – As worldwide TV household penetration is quite saturated, the flat panel TV market has been driven by consumer adoption of TVs with higher resolution, larger screen size, and connected and integrated applications and services, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
Kaltura TV Platform enables packaging up of content for additional OTT providers
Sep 5, 2018 – Kaltura has unveiled its Kaltura Content as a Service solution which uses the Kaltura TV Platform as a hub for content management and distribution. Media companies can now select to distribute 'packaged' video and metadata to other OTT services to increase their content’s reach.
News categories: Kaltura, KOCOWA, Dr. Shay David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
Jan 10, 2018 – LG Electronics, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard, has confirmed that all LG 4K Ultra HD TVs now on the market in South Korea already incorporate ATSC 3.0 tuning circuitry.
News categories: LG Electronics, ATSC, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ATSC 3.0 launches in Korea with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
Oct 12, 2017 – Broadcasters Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS), Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) have launched the world's first terrestrial ATSC 3.0 broadcast network in South Korea for free UHDTV broadcasts.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
South Korea launches UHD TV with MPEG-H Audio
Jun 1, 2017 – The MPEG-H TV Audio System was the first next-generation audio codec worldwide to go on air 24/7 as South Korea launched its 4K UHD TV on May 31. The service includes immersive and interactive sound, thanks to the MPEG-H standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
KCP selects Kaltura to power KOCOWA OTT service
May 16, 2017 – Kaltura has announced that it has been selected by KCP to power the company’s new OTT service - KOCOWA. The service will deliver the largest collection of premium K-Drama content from Korean broadcasters KBS, MBC, SBS and others to users worldwide.
News categories: Kaltura, KCP, Ron Yekutiel, Kunhee Park, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
Tribe achieves 1 million downloads in Indonesia and the Philippines
Mar 24, 2017 – Tribe, the Astro Malaysia owned online video streaming service, is celebrating its first anniversary with a new milestone - 1 million downloads across Indonesia and the Philippines, an impressive feat amidst fierce competition in the video OTT space.
News categories: Tribe, Astro Malaysia, Iskandar Samad, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Philippines
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019