Digital TV News: KBS
Over 233 million 4K TVs to ship in 2024
Jun 27, 2019 – As worldwide TV household penetration is quite saturated, the flat panel TV market has been driven by consumer adoption of TVs with higher resolution, larger screen size, and connected and integrated applications and services, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
Kaltura TV Platform enables packaging up of content for additional OTT providers
Sep 5, 2018 – Kaltura has unveiled its Kaltura Content as a Service solution which uses the Kaltura TV Platform as a hub for content management and distribution. Media companies can now select to distribute 'packaged' video and metadata to other OTT services to increase their content’s reach.
News categories: Kaltura, KOCOWA, Dr. Shay David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
Jan 10, 2018 – LG Electronics, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard, has confirmed that all LG 4K Ultra HD TVs now on the market in South Korea already incorporate ATSC 3.0 tuning circuitry.
News categories: LG Electronics, ATSC, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ATSC 3.0 launches in Korea with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
Oct 12, 2017 – Broadcasters Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS), Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) have launched the world's first terrestrial ATSC 3.0 broadcast network in South Korea for free UHDTV broadcasts.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
South Korea launches UHD TV with MPEG-H Audio
Jun 1, 2017 – The MPEG-H TV Audio System was the first next-generation audio codec worldwide to go on air 24/7 as South Korea launched its 4K UHD TV on May 31. The service includes immersive and interactive sound, thanks to the MPEG-H standard.
News categories: Fraunhofer, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV
KCP selects Kaltura to power KOCOWA OTT service
May 16, 2017 – Kaltura has announced that it has been selected by KCP to power the company’s new OTT service - KOCOWA. The service will deliver the largest collection of premium K-Drama content from Korean broadcasters KBS, MBC, SBS and others to users worldwide.
News categories: Kaltura, KCP, Ron Yekutiel, Kunhee Park, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
Tribe achieves 1 million downloads in Indonesia and the Philippines
Mar 24, 2017 – Tribe, the Astro Malaysia owned online video streaming service, is celebrating its first anniversary with a new milestone - 1 million downloads across Indonesia and the Philippines, an impressive feat amidst fierce competition in the video OTT space.
News categories: Tribe, Astro Malaysia, Iskandar Samad, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Philippines
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices