Digital TV News: KPN
KPN introduces new TV box with Bluetooth remote control
Oct 7, 2019 – KPN is introducing an improved TV receiver and remote control from October 1. The TV receiver is based on Broadcom's 72604B0 chipset and is suitable for 4K HDR and Dolby Atmos. The remote control now has Bluetooth functionality.
News categories: KPN, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
KPN TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2019
Apr 26, 2019 – KPN has announce results for Q1 2019. In the quarter, KPN added 16,000 IPTV customers to its base offsetting a reduction of 15,000 in the number of digital terrestrial (Digitenne) and analogue subscribers that it has.
News categories: KPN, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
MultiChoice lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Feb 27, 2019 – MultiChoice Group Limited (MCG) has listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The listed MCG includes MultiChoice South Africa (MCSA), MultiChoice Africa Holdings (MAH), Showmax, as well Irdeto, and all their subsidiaries and affiliates.
News categories: MultiChoice, Naspers, Irdeto, Calvo Mawela, Bob van Dijk, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, Finance, OTT, Satellite, South Africa, Worldwide
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
Dec 13, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released its predictions for 2019. These predictions are based on some of the findings from the Mobile Video Industry Council - which includes Tier 1 mobile operators alongside key industry analysts.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Mobile Video Industry Council, John Giere, Matt Halligan, Indranil Chatterjee, Aman Brar, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
EU clears T-Mobile NL's acquisition of Tele2 NL
Nov 27, 2018 – The European Commission has approved under the EU Merger Regulation the proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile NL. The Commission concluded that the merger would raise no competition concerns in the European Economic Area or any substantial part of it.
News categories: European Commission, T-Mobile, Tele2, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Netherlands, Regulation
Support for ATSC 3.0 announced at NAB Show New York
Oct 17, 2018 – At NAB Show New York, FOX Television Stations; NBC and Telemundo Owned Stations Group; Univision; TEGNA (for Pearl TV), and Nexstar Media Group (for SpectrumCo) announced their collaborative effort and support for the introduction of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Jack Abernethy, Valari Staab, Vince Sadusky, Dave Lougee, Perry Sook, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV