Digital TV News: Kaltura
ZEE5 chooses Applicaster to enhance the app experience
Oct 3, 2019 – Applicaster has been chosen by ZEE5 to enhance the user experience and application experience. The partnership will focus on updating the ZEE5 app interface to mirror the evolving preferences of the new-age OTT viewer using Applicaster’s Zapp platform.
News categories: Applicaster, ZEE5, Jonathan Laor, Rajneel Kumar, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
ZEE5 chooses Kaltura TV Platform Player for its Cloud TV service
Sep 25, 2019 – ZEE5 has partnered with Kaltura for the deployment of the Kaltura TV Platform Player. The player provides ZEE5 with QoE supporting over 8,000 devices, provides elastic scale and includes native support of advertising insertion and measurement.
News categories: Kaltura, ZEE5, Ron Yekutiel, Tarun Katial, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Media Player, OTT, QoE
iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
Sep 14, 2019 – iWedia has expanded its cooperation with Kaltura by providing set-top box (STB) software products, application development and integration services for Beeline Kazakhstan. At the heart of the STB, lies iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software.
News categories: iWedia, Kaltura, Beeline, Digital TV, IBC2019, Kazakhstan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Vodafone and Kaltura extend cooperation to Greece, Romania and Portugal
Sep 11, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV technology is now supporting the launch of Vodafone TV in Greece, Romania and Portugal. A common cloud-based platform allows each OpCo to launch the Vodafone TV service within its country.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, Romania
Dialog Axiata introduces Cloud TV service powered by Kaltura
Sep 3, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that Dialog Axiata has selected Kaltura to power ViU, its cross-screen Cloud TV service. ViU is now available to the operator’s existing subscribers as well as every mobile user in Sri Lanka, regardless of the network.
News categories: Kaltura, Dialog Axiata, Ron Yekutiel, Dr. Rainer Deutschmann, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
Aug 22, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV Platform is powering a newly-launched TV service for Beeline Kazakhstan. Beeline is using the Kaltura TV Platform to replace its legacy pay-TV service and to reach more devices and customers.
News categories: Kaltura, Beeline, Dr. Shay David, Sergey Leshchenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Set Top Box, UX
Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
Jun 19, 2019 – The Kaltura TV Platform is powering multiscreen access to linear, VOD and time-shifted TV plus third-party content for Dish TV India's OTT platform Watcho. The solution caters to evolving entertainment needs by continuously learning about viewers' content consumption habits.
News categories: Kaltura, Dish TV India, Horizon Broadcast, Ron Yekutiel, Anil Dua, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
May 14, 2019 – Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura have announced that the Kaltura TV Platform is first to support Digital Alert Systems' EAS-NET communications protocol, allowing customers to comply with EAS/CAP regulations by providing critical emergency messages within their Cloud TV deployments.
News categories: Digital Alert Systems, Kaltura, Bill Robertson, Gideon Gilboa, Digital TV, OTT, PAYTV19, Regulation, USA
Kaltura and Dativa to jointly develop Cloud TV data lake
Apr 9, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that it has partnered with Dativa to develop the industry’s first data lake dedicated to Cloud TV services. The infrastructure will give TV marketers using the Kaltura TV Platform fast time to insights and the ability to act on those insights.
News categories: Kaltura, Dativa, Shay David, Tom Weiss, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA