Digital TV News: Kantar
BARB commissions Kantar Focal Meter for UK TV audience measurement
Jun 11, 2019 – BARB has commissioned Kantar to roll out its Focal Meter to measure viewing across four screens (TV, smartphone, tablet and PC) of IP-delivered video content. This complements Kantar's People Meter which currently measures linear and time-shifted content viewed on TV Sets.
News categories: Kantar, BARB, Richard Poustie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
May 21, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that its TV Viewership Data product is being expanded to include Kantar ad occurrences, Drawbridge's Identity Graph and demographic attributes, giving TiVo customers an expanded data offering with more flexibility.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Drawbridge, Kantar, Ben Maughan, Jon DeGennaro, Vik Sharma, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, USA, Worldwide
Ad saturation and over targeting putting industry at risk
Apr 9, 2019 – Kantar has published a report highlighting the risks facing the advertising industry as a result of over-targeting. According to Kantar, consumers in the UK are feeling apathetic towards – and mistrusting of – advertising.
News categories: Kantar, Mark Inskip, Advertising, Market Research, UK
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Roku announces Measurement Partner Program for OTT advertising
Oct 9, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced a Measurement Partner Program to help brands and publishers quantify the impact of OTT advertising campaigns running on the Roku platform across a wide variety of marketing and sales outcomes.
News categories: Roku, Dentsu Aegis Network, Dan Robbins, Mike Law, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Tru Optik and SpotX partner to power connected TV ad marketplace
Oct 2, 2018 – Tru Optik and SpotX have announced that via Tru Optik's OTT Data Marketplace, publishers using SpotX's Audience Management Engine will be able to pre-segment and validate audiences across all OTT devices before making them available for advertisers to buy programmatically.
News categories: SpotX, Tru Optik, Jeremy Straight, Frans Vermeulen, Jason DeMarco, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Tru Optik & Beachfront to power audience validated connected TV private marketplaces
Jul 26, 2018 – Tru Optik and Beachfront have announced a new partnership allowing publishers and device manufacturers to pre-segment and validate audience-based ad inventory at scale across OTT and connected TV.
News categories: Tru Optik, Beachfront, Andre Swanston, Frank Sinton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Roku introduces Audience Marketplace for OTT ad sellers and buyers
Jun 27, 2018 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has introduced Audience Marketplace, a new way advertising buyers and sellers can more effectively target audiences on the Roku platform in the U.S. Audience Marketplace uses Roku’s first-party data and proprietary ad technology.
News categories: Roku, Seth Walters, Larry Allen, Garrett Winkler, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event