Digital TV News: Kantar
Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
Nov 18, 2019 – Kantar has partnered with VTION to roll out OTT Audience Measurement in India. The offering brings together Kantar’s expertise in media measurement and Consumer insights with VTION's audience measurement technology and data management framework.
News categories: Kantar, VTION, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, India, OTT
BARB commissions Kantar Focal Meter for UK TV audience measurement
Jun 11, 2019 – BARB has commissioned Kantar to roll out its Focal Meter to measure viewing across four screens (TV, smartphone, tablet and PC) of IP-delivered video content. This complements Kantar's People Meter which currently measures linear and time-shifted content viewed on TV Sets.
News categories: Kantar, BARB, Richard Poustie, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, UK
TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
May 21, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that its TV Viewership Data product is being expanded to include Kantar ad occurrences, Drawbridge's Identity Graph and demographic attributes, giving TiVo customers an expanded data offering with more flexibility.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Drawbridge, Kantar, Ben Maughan, Jon DeGennaro, Vik Sharma, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, USA, Worldwide
Ad saturation and over targeting putting industry at risk
Apr 9, 2019 – Kantar has published a report highlighting the risks facing the advertising industry as a result of over-targeting. According to Kantar, consumers in the UK are feeling apathetic towards – and mistrusting of – advertising.
News categories: Kantar, Mark Inskip, Advertising, Market Research, UK
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Roku announces Measurement Partner Program for OTT advertising
Oct 9, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced a Measurement Partner Program to help brands and publishers quantify the impact of OTT advertising campaigns running on the Roku platform across a wide variety of marketing and sales outcomes.
News categories: Roku, Dentsu Aegis Network, Dan Robbins, Mike Law, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Tru Optik and SpotX partner to power connected TV ad marketplace
Oct 2, 2018 – Tru Optik and SpotX have announced that via Tru Optik's OTT Data Marketplace, publishers using SpotX's Audience Management Engine will be able to pre-segment and validate audiences across all OTT devices before making them available for advertisers to buy programmatically.
News categories: SpotX, Tru Optik, Jeremy Straight, Frans Vermeulen, Jason DeMarco, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Tru Optik & Beachfront to power audience validated connected TV private marketplaces
Jul 26, 2018 – Tru Optik and Beachfront have announced a new partnership allowing publishers and device manufacturers to pre-segment and validate audience-based ad inventory at scale across OTT and connected TV.
News categories: Tru Optik, Beachfront, Andre Swanston, Frank Sinton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware