Digital TV News: Kantar
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Roku introduces Audience Marketplace for OTT ad sellers and buyers
Jun 27, 2018 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has introduced Audience Marketplace, a new way advertising buyers and sellers can more effectively target audiences on the Roku platform in the U.S. Audience Marketplace uses Roku’s first-party data and proprietary ad technology.
News categories: Roku, Seth Walters, Larry Allen, Garrett Winkler, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Swrve adds Roku to its suite of streaming video OTT platforms
Jun 21, 2018 – Swrve has added Roku to its list of supported over-the-top (OTT) Digital Media Streaming platforms. By doing so, Swrve now enables any brand looking to interact with customers on the Roku platform to do so as part of a multi-channel strategy focused on driving engagement and revenue.
News categories: Swrve, Roku, Lisa Cleary, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
Kantar Media publishes annual DIMENSION report
May 1, 2018 – Kantar Media has published its annual DIMENSION report. The study reveals that while consumer attitudes towards advertising have stayed consistent, there remains an opportunity for marketers to improve creativity and holistic cross-platform measurement.
News categories: Kantar Media, Richard Poustie, Advertising, Ireland, Market Research, Mobile, UK
Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
Apr 12, 2018 – Com Hem has launched its Android TV-based platform Tv Hub, for both Com Hem and Boxer customers. The Tv Hub combines linear TV with play services in HDR and 4K quality. The Tv Hub was designed with partners such as Google, Technicolor and 3SS.
News categories: Com Hem, Jessica Andersson, Maria Ferreras, Marec-Nicholas Gasiun, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Edgeware enables server-side dynamic ad insertion for Android devices
Mar 26, 2018 – Edgeware has announced Ad Enabler. The product makes Edgeware’s ad insertion solution one of the first to support live OTT ad insertion on the MPEG-DASH standard – the native format for Android devices.
News categories: Edgeware, Yospace, Johan Bolin, Simon Kenyon, Advertising, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Roku introduces Ad Insights Suite
Jan 17, 2018 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced an advancement in OTT advertising measurement by introducing Ad Insights. The offering allows marketers to measure campaign reach and effectiveness across linear and OTT.
News categories: Roku, Scott Rosenberg, Marissa Jimenez, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
From algorithms to AI, Kantar Millward Brown forecasts digital advertising in 2018
Dec 6, 2017 – Kantar Millward Brown has released its annual Media and Digital Predictions for 2018. 2018 is poised to be another busy year for marketers, complete with continued evolutions in communication approaches, media targeting technology and ROI measurement.
News categories: Kantar Millward Brown, Jane Ostler, Corey Jeffery, Pablo Gomez, Advertising, Big Data, Market Research, Worldwide
AppNexus integrates with Tru Optik's OTT Marketing Cloud
Nov 8, 2017 – AppNexus and Tru Optik have announced that connected TV buyers and sellers using AppNexus' platform will be able to segment and target audiences based on data offered through the integration of Tru Optik's OTT Marketing Cloud.
News categories: AppNexus, Tru Optik, Eric Hoffert, Andre Swanston, Tyler Fitch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019