Digital TV News: Kantar Media
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Kantar Media publishes annual DIMENSION report
May 1, 2018 – Kantar Media has published its annual DIMENSION report. The study reveals that while consumer attitudes towards advertising have stayed consistent, there remains an opportunity for marketers to improve creativity and holistic cross-platform measurement.
News categories: Kantar Media, Richard Poustie, Advertising, Ireland, Market Research, Mobile, UK
Kantar Media and TechEdge create audience analytics software unit
Oct 2, 2017 – Kantar Media and TechEdge have announced the creation of a dedicated audience analytics software unit. The team will enhance Kantar Media’s software portfolio and cements the organisation’s audience software analytics offering to bring new innovations to market.
News categories: Kantar Media, TechEdge, Andy Brown, Andreas Velter, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Kantar Media adds programmatic ad data to its media intelligence
Jul 13, 2017 – Kantar Media has announced the expansion of its cross-platform ad intelligence capabilities with the availability of programmatic advertising data. The data includes digital ads monitored on display, mobile and online video platforms.
News categories: Kantar Media, Manish Bhatia, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA
BARB awards Dovetail Fusion contract to Kantar Media
Feb 17, 2017 – BARB has announced that the Dovetail Fusion contract has been awarded to Kantar Media. Dovetail Fusion allows customers to evaluate the total reach of programmes and advertising campaigns across TV sets, personal computers and tablets.
News categories: Kantar Media, BARB, Margo Swadley, Justin Sampson, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, UK
Kantar retains Turkish TV Audience Measurement contract
Dec 15, 2016 – TIAK, the joint industry committee for TV ratings in Turkey, has awarded Kantar Media the contract to continue delivering the official TV trading currency until at least 2020, with the option to extend until 2022.
News categories: Kantar, TİAK, Mesut Sakal, Ibrahim Eren, Advertising, Market Research, Turkey
Movistar+ signs with Kantar for audience measurement
Oct 13, 2016 – Movistar+, a major Spanish telecoms operator owned by Telefónica S.A, has signed an agreement with Kantar Media to design, deploy and manage a proprietary audience measurement service.
News categories: Kantar Media, Movistar, Richard Asquith, Felipe de Lucas, Advertising, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain
BARB to release UK OTT viewing report
Jul 24, 2015 – BARB has announced that a beta version of its TV Player Report is to be released in September, providing figures on the level of viewing to on-demand and live-streamed content in the UK through online TV Player apps.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, UK
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature