Digital TV News: Kaon
Blonder Tongue distributing Kaon Android TV STBs optimized for MOBITV
Feb 25, 2019 – Blonder Tongue (NYSE: BDR) has announced the availability of the Kaon line of Android TV Set-Top Box products specifically designed and optimized for MOBITV platform deployments across North America. The first set-top model available is Kaon's KSTB2020.
News categories: Blonder Tongue, Kaon, MOBITV, Ted Grauch, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV delivers Smart Remote experience on Zenterio OS-based STBs
Aug 30, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that OTE Group has deployed, in COSMOTE TV its pay-TV service, an advanced set-top box (STB) called EUROBOX (KAON NS2000) using Zenterio OS. Zenterio OS allows COSMOTE TV to support internet-delivered, on-demand content in addition to live content.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Apps, Digital TV, Greece, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
Oct 16, 2017 – Greenwave Systems has announced a customer deployment of AXON Predict™, its real-time visual edge analytics solution with Kaon. This follows Greenwave's introduction of AXON Predict earlier this year as part of the company's AXON Platform.
News categories: Greenwave, KAON, Roger Gregory, Ted Grauch, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, QoE, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
Kaon Media cuts time-to-market by selecting Vewd
Oct 4, 2017 – Vewd has announced that Kaon Media has selected Vewd products for its next generation of set-top boxes. Kaon selected Vewd for two reasons: its ability to cut time-to-market significantly, and support for what OTT TV operators want to offer.
News categories: Vewd, Kaon Media, Aneesh Rajaram, Chulmin Kim, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Worldwide
KT unifies UX with Alticast Apex virtualization platform
Oct 3, 2017 – Alticast has announced that Korea Telecom is using Apex, Alticast’s user experience (UX) virtualization platform, to bring rich, uniform experiences to its set-top boxes. KT is using Apex to deliver a UX for both linear and on-demand content.
News categories: Alticast, Korea Telecom, Joonhee Oh, Jingi Choi, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, UX
Sky New Zealand advances multiscreen TV experiences with Cisco
Sep 14, 2017 – Sky New Zealand is transforming its Pay TV operations with the Cisco Infinite Video Platform. On the horizon is the introduction of a Hybrid PVR solution with Kaon Hybrid DVR STBs and VoD over IP, extending to iOS and Android personal consumer devices.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky New Zealand, Conrad Clemson, Julian Wheeler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Mobile, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box
Multimedia Polska deploys OTT and TV Everywhere with Teleste
Sep 5, 2017 – Teleste has revealed that its Ubique video content management platform now powers OTT and TV Everywhere services for the subscribers of Multimedia Polska. Multimedia Polska selected Teleste's Ubique for the two-year project started in 2016.
News categories: Teleste, Ubique, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Poland, TV Everywhere
Global set-top box market to top $46bn by 2027
Aug 14, 2017 – The set-top box market is anticipated to witness robust growth during 2017-2027. According to Future Market Insights, the APEJ set-top box market is expected to have the highest growth rate over the period.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Stofa selects Irdeto to protect new Android set-top box
Apr 6, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that Stofa has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver content through its upcoming Android set-top box (STB). The box was developed in cooperation with Google and Kaon Media.
News categories: Irdeto, Stofa, Kaon, Doug Lowther, Ole Fruekilde Madsen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?