Digital TV News: KaonMedia
Global set-top box market to top $46bn by 2027
Aug 14, 2017 – The set-top box market is anticipated to witness robust growth during 2017-2027. According to Future Market Insights, the APEJ set-top box market is expected to have the highest growth rate over the period.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Stofa selects Irdeto to protect new Android set-top box
Apr 6, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that Stofa has selected Irdeto Cloaked CA to securely deliver content through its upcoming Android set-top box (STB). The box was developed in cooperation with Google and Kaon Media.
News categories: Irdeto, Stofa, Kaon, Doug Lowther, Ole Fruekilde Madsen, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Stofa selects iWedia Android TV for new 4K Box
Mar 30, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 solution for Android TV has been chosen by Stofa to operate its next-gen TV box. The software runs on a quad cable tuner 4K STB provided by Kaon Media.
News categories: iWedia, Stofa, KaonMedia, Nikola Teslić, Android TV, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
Feb 22, 2017 – KAONMEDIA's AI-based TV set-top box has been successfully commercialized by Korea Telecom. GiGA Genie, an IP set-top box, provides home assistant and home IoT services alongside TV set-top box features.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, KT Corp, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Local production of STBs for ER-Telecom begins
Sep 22, 2015 – Russia's ER-Telecom has announced that local production of set-top boxes for its Dom.ru digital TV service has begun at the Morion factory in Perm. Over 100,000 Dom.ru TV Mini boxes are planned to be assembled this year.
News categories: ER-Telecom, KAON, Andrey Semerikov, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia, Set Top Box
KAON joins Frog by Wyplay
Oct 16, 2014 – Wyplay and KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: KAON MEDIA) have announced that KAON has become a Licensee of the Frog shared-source solution and will be acting as a set-top-box Integrator for Frog.
News categories: Wyplay, KAON, Jacques Bourgninaud, Tom Buhl, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
KAONMEDIA selects Ikanos for family of VDSL gateways
Sep 16, 2014 – Ikanos (NASDAQ: IKAN) has announced that KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ : KAON MEDIA) has selected Ikanos' Fusiv gateway processor family to power its new generation of feature-rich and highly integrated residential gateways.
News categories: Ikanos, KAON, Kourosh Amiri, Chul Min Kim, Broadband, Gateway, IBC, Semiconductor, Worldwide
M7 Group deploys Zenterio OS for IPTV in the Netherlands
Sep 15, 2014 – Zenterio has announced that M7 Group has deployed the Zenterio Operating System (OS) for the launch of its IPTV service in the Netherlands. The system combines Zenterio OS with hardware from KAONMEDIA and IPTV and OTT services from Stream Group.
News categories: Zenterio, M7 Group, Stefan Lager, Ron Paans, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Viaccess-Orca selected by Telekom Romania for IPTV and OTT multiscreen
Sep 13, 2014 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Telekom Romania has selected Viaccess-Orca’s Voyage-TV Everywhere solution to drive its upcoming new IPTV and OTT multiscreen service, 'Telekom TV'.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Telekom Romania, François Moreau de Saint Martin, Nikolai Beckers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, TV Everywhere
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
- Comcast launches eye-control for the television
- Anevia powers SKYmedia’s Sky GO OTT video service
- Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
- IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec