Digital TV News: Karl Thedéen
Edgeware offers its OTT technology as a service
Apr 25, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Edgeware Cloud Service, providing broadcasters, telecom- and cable TV-operators with access to its technology and expertise without the need to own and run systems in-house.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, Sweden, Worldwide
Edgeware has won a significant Ad Insertion order
Dec 5, 2018 – Edgeware has announces that it has won a significant order from one of its main European customers, underscoring that Edgeware’s Ad Insertion offering provides its customers with a pathway to new revenue streams.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Com Hem has selected its Ad Enabler origin software. The solution will be used to prepare TV/Video content with personalized advertising on 20 of Com Hem’s IP-delivered TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, Com Hem, Karl Thedéen, Magnus Lindhe, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Televisa will expand its existing TV CDN, adding more capacity and new time-shift features to its service. The time-shift capabilities will enable viewers to pause and rewind up to three hours of TV.
News categories: Edgeware, Televisa, Karl Thedéen, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Edgeware provides cloud-native containerized TV delivery platform
Sep 10, 2018 – Edgeware has announced its first container-based software solutions, which are optimized for public and private cloud platforms. The solutions being delivered as containers are its unique Origin products, TV Content Capture and TV Repackager.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service