Digital TV News: Karl Thedéen
Edgeware offers its OTT technology as a service
Apr 25, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Edgeware Cloud Service, providing broadcasters, telecom- and cable TV-operators with access to its technology and expertise without the need to own and run systems in-house.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, Sweden, Worldwide
Edgeware has won a significant Ad Insertion order
Dec 5, 2018 – Edgeware has announces that it has won a significant order from one of its main European customers, underscoring that Edgeware’s Ad Insertion offering provides its customers with a pathway to new revenue streams.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Com Hem has selected its Ad Enabler origin software. The solution will be used to prepare TV/Video content with personalized advertising on 20 of Com Hem’s IP-delivered TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, Com Hem, Karl Thedéen, Magnus Lindhe, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Televisa will expand its existing TV CDN, adding more capacity and new time-shift features to its service. The time-shift capabilities will enable viewers to pause and rewind up to three hours of TV.
News categories: Edgeware, Televisa, Karl Thedéen, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Edgeware provides cloud-native containerized TV delivery platform
Sep 10, 2018 – Edgeware has announced its first container-based software solutions, which are optimized for public and private cloud platforms. The solutions being delivered as containers are its unique Origin products, TV Content Capture and TV Repackager.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019