Digital TV News: Karl Thedéen
Edgeware offers its OTT technology as a service
Apr 25, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Edgeware Cloud Service, providing broadcasters, telecom- and cable TV-operators with access to its technology and expertise without the need to own and run systems in-house.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, Sweden, Worldwide
Edgeware has won a significant Ad Insertion order
Dec 5, 2018 – Edgeware has announces that it has won a significant order from one of its main European customers, underscoring that Edgeware’s Ad Insertion offering provides its customers with a pathway to new revenue streams.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV
Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Com Hem has selected its Ad Enabler origin software. The solution will be used to prepare TV/Video content with personalized advertising on 20 of Com Hem’s IP-delivered TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, Com Hem, Karl Thedéen, Magnus Lindhe, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Televisa will expand its existing TV CDN, adding more capacity and new time-shift features to its service. The time-shift capabilities will enable viewers to pause and rewind up to three hours of TV.
News categories: Edgeware, Televisa, Karl Thedéen, Carlos Eduardo Romero, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico
Edgeware provides cloud-native containerized TV delivery platform
Sep 10, 2018 – Edgeware has announced its first container-based software solutions, which are optimized for public and private cloud platforms. The solutions being delivered as containers are its unique Origin products, TV Content Capture and TV Repackager.
News categories: Edgeware, Karl Thedéen, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station