Digital TV News: Keith Bedford
EBS provides scheduling information and EPG metadata for UKTV
May 20, 2019 – EBS has announced a supply deal with UKTV for UKTV's full portfolio of channels. EBS now provides scheduling information and EPG metadata for UKTV operations on the Sky, Freeview, and Freesat platforms via its scheduling software, Pawa.
News categories: EBS, UKTV, Keith Bedford, Dave Maynard, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
EBS signs metadata deal with UK's ITV
Aug 24, 2017 – EBS agreed a deal with ITV to provide EPG metadata services for ITV’s portfolio of UK channels. Services supplied to ITV include: EPG data, press listings, image-led weekly and seasonal highlights and extensive editorial services.
News categories: EBS, ITV, Keith Bedford, Ian Cottrell, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
EBS wins EPG contract with Viasat World
Feb 15, 2017 – EBS has announced a contract with Viasat World. The EBS scheduling system, Pawa, will provide Viasat World’s portfolio of operators and partners with localised press listings, highlights and EPGs as well as images and metadata.
News categories: EBS, Viasat World, Keith Bedford, Karin Heijink, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
EBS to supply EPG data for Africa's Kwesé TV
Feb 7, 2017 – EBS has announced that it has added Econet Media’s Kwesé TV platform to its portfolio of clients. The partnership enables Kwesé TV to deliver enriched metadata and images for every programme via EBS’ EPG and metadata management application.
News categories: EBS, Econet, Keith Bedford, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Ghana, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
EBS enables EPG data for DVBLogic NAS PVR and recommendation engine
Dec 11, 2014 – EBS has announced that DVBLogic is including EBS’ Pawa listings data as part of its new DVBLink software release, which includes TV Adviser, a recommendation engine. DVBLink enables a NAS device to be turned into a PVR.
News categories: EBS, DVBLogic, Keith Bedford, Pavlo Barvinko, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, UK
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025