Digital TV News: Keith Bedford
EBS provides scheduling information and EPG metadata for UKTV
May 20, 2019 – EBS has announced a supply deal with UKTV for UKTV's full portfolio of channels. EBS now provides scheduling information and EPG metadata for UKTV operations on the Sky, Freeview, and Freesat platforms via its scheduling software, Pawa.
News categories: EBS, UKTV, Keith Bedford, Dave Maynard, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
EBS signs metadata deal with UK's ITV
Aug 24, 2017 – EBS agreed a deal with ITV to provide EPG metadata services for ITV’s portfolio of UK channels. Services supplied to ITV include: EPG data, press listings, image-led weekly and seasonal highlights and extensive editorial services.
News categories: EBS, ITV, Keith Bedford, Ian Cottrell, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
EBS wins EPG contract with Viasat World
Feb 15, 2017 – EBS has announced a contract with Viasat World. The EBS scheduling system, Pawa, will provide Viasat World’s portfolio of operators and partners with localised press listings, highlights and EPGs as well as images and metadata.
News categories: EBS, Viasat World, Keith Bedford, Karin Heijink, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
EBS to supply EPG data for Africa's Kwesé TV
Feb 7, 2017 – EBS has announced that it has added Econet Media’s Kwesé TV platform to its portfolio of clients. The partnership enables Kwesé TV to deliver enriched metadata and images for every programme via EBS’ EPG and metadata management application.
News categories: EBS, Econet, Keith Bedford, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Ghana, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
EBS enables EPG data for DVBLogic NAS PVR and recommendation engine
Dec 11, 2014 – EBS has announced that DVBLogic is including EBS’ Pawa listings data as part of its new DVBLink software release, which includes TV Adviser, a recommendation engine. DVBLink enables a NAS device to be turned into a PVR.
News categories: EBS, DVBLogic, Keith Bedford, Pavlo Barvinko, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, UK
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free