Digital TV News: Keith Wymbs
Australia's ABC to deploy BuyDRM MultiKey in conjunction with AWS Elemental
Mar 27, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is planning to deploy BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service in conjunction with AWS Elemental to package and encrypt live video content for users on a variety of playback platforms in Australia.
News categories: BuyDRM, ABC, Elemental, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Keith Wymbs, Australia, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Uruguay's Antel selects Elemental for mobile and fiber OTT services
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that Uruguayan state-owned telecommunications company Administración Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Antel) has selected Elemental video processing to power its new TIER III Datacenter.
News categories: Elemental, Antel, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Uruguay
Elemental video processing for Indonesia's first commercial OTT service
May 31, 2015 – Elemental has announced it is enabling the Orange TV Group within PT Mega Media to expand its Genflix service availability on a variety of smart devices and to broaden content offers for subscribers across Indonesia.
News categories: Elemental, Orange TV, Irdeto, Genflix, Dan Marshall, Keith Wymbs, Bobby Sidharta, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Broadcom enables Ultra HD broadcast of 2014 World Cup games
Jun 12, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it has enabled live Ultra HD satellite broadcast of the 2014 World Cup in collaboration with Globosat and Elemental.
News categories: Broadcom, Globosat, Elemental, Rich Nelson, Roberto Primo, Keith Wymbs, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor
Elemental powers Kansai TV Over-the-Air ISDB-T broadcast in 4K/HEVC
May 29, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Kansai TV, the leading commercial broadcaster in Osaka, has used Elemental video processing to encode 4K content in HEVC for terrestrial broadcast delivery over ISDB-T to an Ultra HD TV.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Kansai TV, CTCSP, Koichi Ono, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Terrestrial
Elemental to power Japan’s first 4K/HEVC real-time streaming trial
Oct 23, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that K-Opticom, a telecommunications operator in Japan, will use Elemental video processing for the country’s first live 4K Ultra HD high-efficiency video coding (H.265/HEVC) transmission.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, K-Opticom, Takao Fujino, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, OTT
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019