Digital TV News: Keith Wymbs
Australia's ABC to deploy BuyDRM MultiKey in conjunction with AWS Elemental
Mar 27, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is planning to deploy BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service in conjunction with AWS Elemental to package and encrypt live video content for users on a variety of playback platforms in Australia.
News categories: BuyDRM, ABC, Elemental, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Keith Wymbs, Australia, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Uruguay's Antel selects Elemental for mobile and fiber OTT services
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that Uruguayan state-owned telecommunications company Administración Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Antel) has selected Elemental video processing to power its new TIER III Datacenter.
News categories: Elemental, Antel, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Uruguay
Elemental video processing for Indonesia's first commercial OTT service
May 31, 2015 – Elemental has announced it is enabling the Orange TV Group within PT Mega Media to expand its Genflix service availability on a variety of smart devices and to broaden content offers for subscribers across Indonesia.
News categories: Elemental, Orange TV, Irdeto, Genflix, Dan Marshall, Keith Wymbs, Bobby Sidharta, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Broadcom enables Ultra HD broadcast of 2014 World Cup games
Jun 12, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it has enabled live Ultra HD satellite broadcast of the 2014 World Cup in collaboration with Globosat and Elemental.
News categories: Broadcom, Globosat, Elemental, Rich Nelson, Roberto Primo, Keith Wymbs, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor
Elemental powers Kansai TV Over-the-Air ISDB-T broadcast in 4K/HEVC
May 29, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Kansai TV, the leading commercial broadcaster in Osaka, has used Elemental video processing to encode 4K content in HEVC for terrestrial broadcast delivery over ISDB-T to an Ultra HD TV.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Kansai TV, CTCSP, Koichi Ono, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Terrestrial
Elemental to power Japan’s first 4K/HEVC real-time streaming trial
Oct 23, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that K-Opticom, a telecommunications operator in Japan, will use Elemental video processing for the country’s first live 4K Ultra HD high-efficiency video coding (H.265/HEVC) transmission.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, K-Opticom, Takao Fujino, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, OTT
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA