Digital TV News: Keith Wymbs
Australia's ABC to deploy BuyDRM MultiKey in conjunction with AWS Elemental
Mar 27, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is planning to deploy BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service in conjunction with AWS Elemental to package and encrypt live video content for users on a variety of playback platforms in Australia.
News categories: BuyDRM, ABC, Elemental, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Keith Wymbs, Australia, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Uruguay's Antel selects Elemental for mobile and fiber OTT services
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that Uruguayan state-owned telecommunications company Administración Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Antel) has selected Elemental video processing to power its new TIER III Datacenter.
News categories: Elemental, Antel, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Uruguay
Elemental video processing for Indonesia's first commercial OTT service
May 31, 2015 – Elemental has announced it is enabling the Orange TV Group within PT Mega Media to expand its Genflix service availability on a variety of smart devices and to broaden content offers for subscribers across Indonesia.
News categories: Elemental, Orange TV, Irdeto, Genflix, Dan Marshall, Keith Wymbs, Bobby Sidharta, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Broadcom enables Ultra HD broadcast of 2014 World Cup games
Jun 12, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it has enabled live Ultra HD satellite broadcast of the 2014 World Cup in collaboration with Globosat and Elemental.
News categories: Broadcom, Globosat, Elemental, Rich Nelson, Roberto Primo, Keith Wymbs, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor
Elemental powers Kansai TV Over-the-Air ISDB-T broadcast in 4K/HEVC
May 29, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Kansai TV, the leading commercial broadcaster in Osaka, has used Elemental video processing to encode 4K content in HEVC for terrestrial broadcast delivery over ISDB-T to an Ultra HD TV.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Kansai TV, CTCSP, Koichi Ono, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Japan, Terrestrial
Elemental to power Japan’s first 4K/HEVC real-time streaming trial
Oct 23, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that K-Opticom, a telecommunications operator in Japan, will use Elemental video processing for the country’s first live 4K Ultra HD high-efficiency video coding (H.265/HEVC) transmission.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, K-Opticom, Takao Fujino, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Media Player, OTT
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing