Digital TV News: Klaus Illgner-Fehns
High-power LTE-A+ Broadcast trials start in Aosta and Paris
Apr 8, 2015 – TDF and Rai have launched the first field trials of LTE-A+ Broadcast from high-power television stations, in Paris and Aosta. The joint project involves contributions by GatesAir (USA) and is supported by IRT (Germany) and Expway (France).
News categories: GatesAir, TDF, Rai, IRT, Expway, Joseph Seccia, Olivier Huart, Vincent Grivet, Alberto Morello, Klaus Illgner-Fehns, Thierry Sergent, Ulrich Reimers, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Italy, Mobile
Digisoft.tv adds HbbTV support to STB platform
Jan 28, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of HbbTV to its Iris platform for set-top boxes. The company will offer HbbTV as an open standard component of its DVB/Hybrid offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
OIPF and HbbTV collaborate on testing of common technologies
Sep 7, 2012 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) and the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) Consortium have announced their collaboration on the testing of technologies common to IPTV and enhanced broadcast environments.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
HbbTV Achieves Fifty Members for IBC 2011
Sep 8, 2011 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced that since opening for membership in May 2011 it has now reached fifty members. At IBC over thirty companies will demonstrate HbbTV implementations.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Europe, France, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2019, Spain
HbbTV Specification Approved by ETSI
Jul 1, 2010 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced the approval of version 1.1.1 of the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV specification by European standards agency ETSI.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
European Initiative Merges Television with the Power of the Internet
Aug 27, 2009 – A European consortium has announced the launch of 'Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV' or 'HbbTV', an initiative aimed at harmonising the delivery of content to the end consumer through TVs and set-top boxes with an optional web connection.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, IFA2019, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos