Digital TV News: Klaus Illgner-Fehns
High-power LTE-A+ Broadcast trials start in Aosta and Paris
Apr 8, 2015 – TDF and Rai have launched the first field trials of LTE-A+ Broadcast from high-power television stations, in Paris and Aosta. The joint project involves contributions by GatesAir (USA) and is supported by IRT (Germany) and Expway (France).
News categories: GatesAir, TDF, Rai, IRT, Expway, Joseph Seccia, Olivier Huart, Vincent Grivet, Alberto Morello, Klaus Illgner-Fehns, Thierry Sergent, Ulrich Reimers, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Italy, Mobile
Digisoft.tv adds HbbTV support to STB platform
Jan 28, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of HbbTV to its Iris platform for set-top boxes. The company will offer HbbTV as an open standard component of its DVB/Hybrid offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
OIPF and HbbTV collaborate on testing of common technologies
Sep 7, 2012 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) and the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) Consortium have announced their collaboration on the testing of technologies common to IPTV and enhanced broadcast environments.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
HbbTV Achieves Fifty Members for IBC 2011
Sep 8, 2011 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced that since opening for membership in May 2011 it has now reached fifty members. At IBC over thirty companies will demonstrate HbbTV implementations.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Europe, France, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2019, Spain
HbbTV Specification Approved by ETSI
Jul 1, 2010 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced the approval of version 1.1.1 of the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV specification by European standards agency ETSI.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
European Initiative Merges Television with the Power of the Internet
Aug 27, 2009 – A European consortium has announced the launch of 'Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV' or 'HbbTV', an initiative aimed at harmonising the delivery of content to the end consumer through TVs and set-top boxes with an optional web connection.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2019, IFA2019, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
- ITV announces new addressable advertising platform: Planet V
- Eutelsat signs up Orao Telecom Congo for CIRRUS hybrid satellite/OTT
- Disney+ gets some traction, Apple TV lags in streaming wars
- Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali