Digital TV News: LG Uplus
Korea adds 534,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2018
May 9, 2019 – Korea's Ministry of Science and ICT has announced pay TV subscriber numbers for the country for the second half of 2018. At the end of 2018 there were 32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Korea, with IPTV having the largest share having overtaken cable TV in late 2017.
News categories: Ministry of Science and ICT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Subscribers
LG Uplus adds 130,000 IPTV subscribers in 1Q 2019
May 2, 2019 – South Korean carrier LG Uplus (KRX: 032640) has announced results for Q1 2019. The company finished the quarter with 4.149 million IPTV subscribers, up 130 thousand over the period, and up 477 thousand (13%) versus Q1 2018.
News categories: LG Uplus, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
LG Uplus adds 331,000 IPTV subscribers in 2015
Jan 25, 2016 – According to earnings data from LG Uplus (KRX: 032640), the company had 2.28 million IPTV subscribers at the end of 2015, up from 1.949 million at the end of 2014 - a gain of 81,258 in the fourth quarter and 330,768 over the year
News categories: LG Uplus, IPTV, Korea, Results, Subscribers
Sigma Designs reports Fiscal Year 2015 results
Apr 1, 2015 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2015, which ended January 31, 2015. Net revenue in fiscal 2015 was $188.3 million, a decrease of $10.9 million, or 5.5%, from $199.2 million in the previous year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Conexant brings voice control to LG Uplus STBs
Nov 4, 2014 – Conexant Systems has announced that its far-field voice input processor system-on-chip has been adopted by LG Uplus for its new line of set-top boxes. The CX2092x gives users the ability to use their voices to control their STB from across the living room.
News categories: Conexant, LG Uplus, Saleel Awsare, Geon-Yeong Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
LG U+ unveils Ultra HD IPTV service
Sep 30, 2014 – LG U+ has announced the launch of an Ultra HD IPTV service via its new U+ tvG 4K UHD set-top box. The box is the first to be based on a quad core processor and the first to be able to display 4 channels simultaneously on the TV screen.
News categories: LG Uplus, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box
IPTV subscribers hit 10 million in Korea
Aug 19, 2014 – According to the Korea Digital Media Industry Association there are now more than 10 million IPTV subscribers in South Korea. Commercial IPTV services were launched at the beginning of 2009, reaching 9 million subscribers at the end of March 2014.
News categories: Korea Digital Media Industry Association, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
VisualOn HEVC decoder for LG Uplus mobile streaming service
Apr 28, 2014 – VisualOn, has announced that LG Uplus' new mobile streaming service for Android, U+HDTV, will feature VisualOn's HEVC (or H.265) decoder, to deliver the latest standard in high-quality video for consumers in the Korean market.
News categories: VisualOn, LG Uplus, Andy Lin, Joon Dong Park, Apps, Digital TV, Korea, Media Player, Mobile
LG Uplus ends 2013 with 1.55 million IPTV subscribers
Jan 13, 2014 – According to the December 2013 Factsheet published by LG Uplus (KRX: 032640), the company had 1.549 million IPTV subscribers at the end of 2013, up from 1.054 million at the end of 2012.
News categories: LG Uplus, IPTV, Korea, Subscribers
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?