Digital TV News: LIFIA
Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
Dec 3, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Latin American STB manufacturers are engaging in the production of a turn-key solution based on Sigma's SoC for hybrid set top boxes for Argentina and other countries using ISDB-T.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mach Electronics, Nicolás Bloise, Jose-Luis Martinez, Mustafa Ozgen, Argentina, CES2020, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Siano and LIFIA Team Up to Support Mobile DTV Project in Argentina
Feb 29, 2012 – Siano and LIFIA-UNLP, an IT R&D research group out of Argentina's La Plata University, have announced a combined 'Ginga' DTV solution for Windows and Linux PC applications in mobile devices.
News categories: Siano, LIFIA, Argentina, Middleware, MWC20, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Argentina to deploy Ginga STB middleware
Jul 5, 2010 – A group of researchers in Argentina is working on a local version of Brazil's Ginga DTT middleware. The software is due for deployment in set-top boxes to be distributed by the Argentinian government from August/September this year.
News categories: Ginga, UNLP, Comisión de Investigaciones Científicas, Argentina, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Middleware, SBTVD, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey