Digital TV News: Larry Horn
MPEG LA announces call for patents essential to ATSC 3.0
Aug 3, 2017 – MPEG LA has announced a call for patents essential to ATSC 3.0 standards in order to facilitate the creation of a joint license to the intellectual property of leading ATSC 3.0 developers on which those standards are based.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
MPEG LA releases MPEG-DASH patent portfolio license
Nov 17, 2016 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MPEG-DASH Patent Portfolio License. MPEG-DASH enables streaming of media content over HTTP to be dynamically adapted to changing network conditions to provide smooth, high quality playback.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
MPEG LA issues Call for Patents for MPEG-DASH
Jul 27, 2015 – MPEG LA has announced a call for patents essential to the MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) standards. DASH adaptively streams audio and video content enabling continuous viewing without freezing or stuttering.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
Sep 29, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the HEVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding standard (HEVC, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Bill Geary, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MPEG LA announces license terms for HEVC
Jan 17, 2014 – MPEG LA has announced that a group of 25 companies have agreed on HEVC license terms expected to issue as part of an HEVC Patent Portfolio License in early 2014. Final agreements are yet to be concluded.
News categories: MPEG LA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, OTT, Patent, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format
Mar 7, 2013 – Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) and MPEG LA have announced that they have entered into agreements granting Google a license to techniques that may be essential to VP8 and earlier-generation VPx video compression technologies under patents owned by 11 patent holders.
News categories: MPEG LA, Licensing, Media Player, Patent
MPEG LA Announces Call for Patents Essential to HEVC
Jun 26, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced a call for patents essential to the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard. HEVC (also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2) is intended to improve video coding efficiency.
News categories: MPEG LA, Licensing, Mobile, Patent, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG LA Offers MVC Patent Portfolio License
Feb 22, 2012 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the MVC Patent Portfolio License. The joint license includes patents that are essential to the Multiview Video Coding ('MVC') standard for encoding and decoding 3D video.
News categories: MPEG LA, Blu-ray, Licensing, Patent, VR
ULDAGE to package MPEG LA patents with ARIB 1-seg patent licence in Japan
Sep 15, 2009 – MPEG LA and ULDAGE have announced a cooperation under which ULDAGE will offer MPEG LA's MPEG-2 Systems License along with ULDAGE's ARIB license to companies based in Japan that sell mobile TV handsets for One-Seg mobile terrestrial broadcasting.
News categories: ULDAGE, MPEG LA, Japan, Licensing, Mobile, Patent
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019