Digital TV News: Larry Robinson
ARRIS announces new STB for Caribbean and Latin America
May 27, 2014 – Caribbean and Latin American service providers will soon have access to a new set-top box from ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) designed to specifically meet growing consumer demand for HD programming and high-bandwidth applications within this region.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Larry Robinson, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box
Motorola Mobility Licenses Comcast RDK to Expedite Next-Gen Video Services
Aug 22, 2012 – Motorola Mobility (NASDAQ:GOOG) has announced that it is licensing the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) to improve the development cycle for tru2way®, IP and hybrid set-top boxes and video gateways.
News categories: Motorola, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Motorola Mobility and Time Warner Cable Collaborate to Deliver an Advanced Video Gateway Platform
Jun 14, 2011 – Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced that it is engaging with Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) to develop a video gateway platform capable of delivering an advanced consumer in-home entertainment experience.
News categories: Motorola, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Cincinnati Bell Launches Motorola Multi-Room DVR to Subscribers
Jul 27, 2010 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that Cincinnati Bell (NYSE: CBB) is now deploying Motorola's market leading multi-room digital video recorder (MR-DVR) solution to its subscribers.
News categories: Motorola, Cincinnati Bell, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Motorola Continues to Expand Set-top Portfolio With All-Digital, High-Definition Dual-Tuner MR-DVR
May 11, 2010 – Motorola (NYSE:MOT) has announced that it has expanded its portfolio with the addition of the Motorola DCX3501-M all-digital, HD dual-tuner MR-DVR set-top. The box offers an integrated MoCA® home networking interface creating an IP home network.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Verizon and Motorola to Trial Energy-Efficient Set-Top Box
Apr 14, 2010 – Verizon (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Motorola (NYSE: MOT) have teamed up to create and trial set-top boxes that are up to 30 percent more energy efficient than current models.
News categories: Motorola, Verizon, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Motorola Unveils New All-Digital, High-Definition Set-Top for Cable Operators
Oct 28, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced the addition of the DCX700 all-digital, high-definition (HD) set-top to its DCX product line. The low-profile design will help cable operators' successful migration to an all-digital network.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Conditional Access, DVR, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Motorola And Time Warner Cable Deliver Industry's First Tru2way™ Multiroom DVR
Mar 31, 2009 – Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has announced that the company has teamed with Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) to develop a multi-room digital video recorder (DVR) solution using Motorola tru2way™ 'Follow Me TV' set-top software.
News categories: Motorola, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media