Digital TV News: Lars Boilesen
Opera sells majority of its connected TV business
Dec 20, 2016 – Opera Software and Moore Frères & Company, an investment holding company focused exclusively on the tech, media, and telecom industries, have announced that Moore Frères has acquired a majority, controlling stake in Opera TV.
News categories: Opera TV, Moore Frères, Lars Boilesen, Aneesh Rajaram, Martez R. Moore, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
Golden Brick to acquire non-TV parts of Opera's consumer business
Jul 18, 2016 – Opera and Golden Brick Capital Private Equity Fund I have entered into a share purchase agreement to acquire certain parts of Opera's consumer business. Opera Mediaworks, Opera Apps & Games and Opera TV are not included in the transaction.
News categories: Opera Software, Golden Brick, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Opera TV Store integrated with MediaTek's Smart TV chipsets
Feb 5, 2013 – Opera has announces that MediaTek has integrated the Opera TV Store with its Smart TV chipsets. Manufacturers that use MediaTek chipsets can now provide web functionality and application environments for their TVs, set-top boxes and media players.
News categories: Opera Software, MediaTek, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Humax set-top boxes to carry HTML5-powered Opera TV Store
Jan 9, 2013 – Humax will launch the Opera TV Store on its new set-top boxes in 2013. Customers are able to enhance their connected TV experience simply by selecting and installing web apps from the HTML5-powered Opera TV Store.
News categories: Opera Software, Humax, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Hisense and Opera bring personalized TV-viewing experience
Sep 27, 2012 – Opera Software has announced that it will deliver its Opera Devices SDK for Linux-based devices to Hisense (600060.SH) for its 55XT770/50K360/K300 TV series, and that Hisense will use Opera's HTML5 engine to bring enhanced TV-viewing to its customers.
News categories: Opera Software, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Freesat+ box gets interactive with Opera
Sep 10, 2012 – Humax showcased its web-ready Freesat+ box at IBC in Amsterdam. With the implementation of the Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK), Humax's Freesat+ box provides Freesat's newly launched service, <free time>, an HTML5-based backwards EPG.
News categories: Opera Software, Freesat, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2020, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Vestel and Opera bring web to TVs and set-top boxes
Sep 5, 2012 – Opera Software and Vestel have announced their partnership to deliver Opera's TV products on Vestel Smart TVs and set-top boxes. Vestel devices powered by Opera's ultimate web experience will ship globally later this year.
News categories: Opera Software, Vestel, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Opera to power web experience on Dune HD media players
Aug 28, 2012 – Opera Software and Dune HD have announced that the companies will work together to deliver the Opera Devices Software Development toolkit (SDK) on Dune HD set-top boxes and advanced hybrid media players.
News categories: Opera Software, Dune HD, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Opera TV Now Available for MIPS™ Architecture
Mar 19, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Opera Software have teamed to bring the Opera Devices SDK to the MIPS® processor architecture. The Opera TV Store and the Opera TV browser with WebGL™ support are now available for MIPS-Based™ digital home devices.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Opera Software, CCBN, Middleware, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Video Exchange
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020