Digital TV News: Lauren Foye
Amazon Prime, HBO and Now TV face decreasing audiences
Oct 1, 2018 – A consumer survey from Juniper Research has found that increased churn rates are being faced by video streaming services such as Amazon Prime and HBO Now in key markets such as the UK and the US. Contrastingly, Netflix outperformed its rivals.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
850 million to watch eSport and Let’s Play content by 2022
May 30, 2018 – A study from Juniper Research forecasts that unique viewers of eSports (competitive playing of video games) and let’s play content (tutorials and talk-throughs of game content) will reach 858 million by 2022, up from 630 million this year.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Video ad spend on YouTube & Facebook to grow 130% in just 5 years
Jan 30, 2018 – Juniper Research has found that advertising spend on FVOD (Free Video on Demand) content, such as media on YouTube and Facebook, will surge over the next 5 years, reaching $37 billion by 2022. This is up from an estimated $16 billion in 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
OTT TV revenues to surge, approaching $120 billion by 2022
Dec 13, 2017 – Data from Juniper Research has found that SVOD services will drive a surge in OTT revenues to reach $120 billion in 2022, up from $64 billion in 2017. The research also found that over a quarter of global households will subscribe to SVOD services by 2022.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
4K adoption for OTT set to soar over the next 5 years
Aug 15, 2016 – Juniper Research expects that 4K OTT services will attract over 189 million unique users globally by 2021, up from just 2.3 million this year, driven by greater content availability and compatible devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Netflix and Amazon to see revenues more than double
Jul 19, 2016 – Juniper Research has found that revenues from SVOD (subscription video on demand) services, such as Netflix and Amazon, are set to more than double from $14.6 billion this year, to $34.6 billion in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA