Digital TV News: Lauren Foye
Amazon Prime, HBO and Now TV face decreasing audiences
Oct 1, 2018 – A consumer survey from Juniper Research has found that increased churn rates are being faced by video streaming services such as Amazon Prime and HBO Now in key markets such as the UK and the US. Contrastingly, Netflix outperformed its rivals.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
850 million to watch eSport and Let’s Play content by 2022
May 30, 2018 – A study from Juniper Research forecasts that unique viewers of eSports (competitive playing of video games) and let’s play content (tutorials and talk-throughs of game content) will reach 858 million by 2022, up from 630 million this year.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Video ad spend on YouTube & Facebook to grow 130% in just 5 years
Jan 30, 2018 – Juniper Research has found that advertising spend on FVOD (Free Video on Demand) content, such as media on YouTube and Facebook, will surge over the next 5 years, reaching $37 billion by 2022. This is up from an estimated $16 billion in 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
OTT TV revenues to surge, approaching $120 billion by 2022
Dec 13, 2017 – Data from Juniper Research has found that SVOD services will drive a surge in OTT revenues to reach $120 billion in 2022, up from $64 billion in 2017. The research also found that over a quarter of global households will subscribe to SVOD services by 2022.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
4K adoption for OTT set to soar over the next 5 years
Aug 15, 2016 – Juniper Research expects that 4K OTT services will attract over 189 million unique users globally by 2021, up from just 2.3 million this year, driven by greater content availability and compatible devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Netflix and Amazon to see revenues more than double
Jul 19, 2016 – Juniper Research has found that revenues from SVOD (subscription video on demand) services, such as Netflix and Amazon, are set to more than double from $14.6 billion this year, to $34.6 billion in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- HBO Max to expand into Latin America and Europe in 2H 2021
- SpotX releases 2021 video advertising trends report
- Comscore and MediaMath offer programmatic contextual ad targeting
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Nordic streaming market approaching 14 million subscriptions
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Deltatre AXIS to power BritBox for a further five years
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- Inverto first with EICS TV distribution equipment certification
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5