Digital TV News: Lauren Foye
Amazon Prime, HBO and Now TV face decreasing audiences
Oct 1, 2018 – A consumer survey from Juniper Research has found that increased churn rates are being faced by video streaming services such as Amazon Prime and HBO Now in key markets such as the UK and the US. Contrastingly, Netflix outperformed its rivals.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA
850 million to watch eSport and Let’s Play content by 2022
May 30, 2018 – A study from Juniper Research forecasts that unique viewers of eSports (competitive playing of video games) and let’s play content (tutorials and talk-throughs of game content) will reach 858 million by 2022, up from 630 million this year.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Video ad spend on YouTube & Facebook to grow 130% in just 5 years
Jan 30, 2018 – Juniper Research has found that advertising spend on FVOD (Free Video on Demand) content, such as media on YouTube and Facebook, will surge over the next 5 years, reaching $37 billion by 2022. This is up from an estimated $16 billion in 2017.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
OTT TV revenues to surge, approaching $120 billion by 2022
Dec 13, 2017 – Data from Juniper Research has found that SVOD services will drive a surge in OTT revenues to reach $120 billion in 2022, up from $64 billion in 2017. The research also found that over a quarter of global households will subscribe to SVOD services by 2022.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
4K adoption for OTT set to soar over the next 5 years
Aug 15, 2016 – Juniper Research expects that 4K OTT services will attract over 189 million unique users globally by 2021, up from just 2.3 million this year, driven by greater content availability and compatible devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Netflix and Amazon to see revenues more than double
Jul 19, 2016 – Juniper Research has found that revenues from SVOD (subscription video on demand) services, such as Netflix and Amazon, are set to more than double from $14.6 billion this year, to $34.6 billion in 2021.
News categories: Juniper Research, Lauren Foye, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution