Digital TV News: Legend Silicon
Legend Silicon Brings ATSC Broadcast Reception One Step Closer to Cars & Mobile Devices
Nov 21, 2011 – Legend Silicon has announced SuperTV™ technology critical to solving diversity and mobile reception issues inherent in the U.S. legacy Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) Digital Terrestrial Broadcast (Free-to-Air) market.
News categories: Legend Silicon, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, In-Car, Portable, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2009
Jan 12, 2010 – In 2009, the overall conversion to digital TV was completed in 177 cities across China, and cable TV subscribers reached 19.9 million. In the cable set-top box (STB) chip market, STMicroelectronics enjoyed the biggest market share.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Cypress and Legend Silicon Debut World's First USB TV Dongle Reference Design to Bring High-Resolution TV to PCs and Laptops
Dec 16, 2008 – Cypress Semiconductor (NYSE:CY) and Legend Silicon have introduced a reference design for a DTMB USB PC-TV dongle. It leverages Cypress's EZ-USB® FX2LP high-speed USB controller to drive Legend Silicon's LGS-8GL5/LGS-8G75 demodulator.
News categories: Legend Silicon, Cypress Semiconductor, China, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon Introduces Two New Demodulators for Portable Digital Television Applications
Sep 18, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced two demodulators for China's terrestrial (GB20600-2006) market. The LGS-8G75 and LGS-8G77 improve end-user reception while offering new interfaces and space savings for mobile and portable applications.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Portable, Semiconductor
Legend Silicon Introduces Diversity Demodulator to Dramatically Improve Reception of Weak and Noisy Television Signals in China
Sep 16, 2008 – Legend Silicon has introduced the LGS-8G78, a demodulator designed, by employing diversity, to significantly improve reception of the digital terrestrial television broadcast (DTTB) signals defined by China's GB20600-2006 standard.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, In-Car, Semiconductor
Legend Silicon and TCL Jointly Promote iDTV With High-Definition Experience for Olympic Fans in Beijing
Aug 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced that it joined forces with TCL (Shenzhen:000100) to demonstrate integrated digital television (iDTV) technology in Beijing during the 2008 Olympic Games.
News categories: Legend Silicon, TCL Corp, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Legend Silicon Releases 3rd Generation DTV Demodulator Chip
Apr 17, 2008 – Legend Silicon has announced a new, all-mode DTV demodulator chip (LGS-8G52) for China's latest DTV standards.
News categories: Legend Silicon, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Hong Kong, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Legend Silicon and aigo Co-launch Mobile High Definition Device For 2008 Olympics
Mar 26, 2008 – Legend Silicon has partnered with China's aigo to create a USB Dongle designed around Legend Silicon's demodulation chipset to enable Chinese consumers to view terrestrial HDTV on their laptops in time for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
News categories: Legend Silicon, aigo, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV