Digital TV News: Lindsay Gardner
T-Mobile closes Layer3 TV acquisition
Jan 23, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has announced the completion of its acquisition of Layer3 TV. The Layer3 TV team has joined T-Mobile and will drive the Un-carrier’s initiative to launch a disruptive new TV service in 2018.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, USA
Layer3 TV announces allHD Platinum
Sep 14, 2016 – Layer3 TV is launching the next generation of cable. Layer3 TV is embracing the majority of consumers who demand a full bundle by offering a robust HD programming package with select 4K.
News categories: Layer3, Lindsay Gardner, Justin Connolly, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Channel Islands and Digisoft.tv integrate targeted advertising systems
May 26, 2009 – Channel Islands and Digisoft.tv have announced the formation of a partnership to offer integrated targeted advertising systems to IPTV operators worldwide.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Channel Islands, Advertising, Cable TV, IPTV, Middleware
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues