Digital TV News: MBC
SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
May 15, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will offer live broadcast of the 'SK Telecom Open 2019’' on both JTBC Golf, a TV channel operated by JTBC, and 'oksusu', Korea’s largest OTT video service, using its commercial 5G network.
News categories: SK Telecom, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Digital TV, Korea
SK Telecom partners with Korean broadcasters to develop business on 5G
Apr 30, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has signed an MOU with SBS. SK Telecom now has MOUs with the top three terrestrial TV broadcasting stations in Korea, namely KBS, MBC and SBS. SK Telecom will work with each partner to develop solutions and business models based on 5G.
News categories: SK Telecom, SBS, MBC, KBS, Kim Hyuk, 5G, Advertising, Digital TV, Korea, VR
Kaltura TV Platform enables packaging up of content for additional OTT providers
Sep 5, 2018 – Kaltura has unveiled its Kaltura Content as a Service solution which uses the Kaltura TV Platform as a hub for content management and distribution. Media companies can now select to distribute 'packaged' video and metadata to other OTT services to increase their content’s reach.
News categories: Kaltura, KOCOWA, Dr. Shay David, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
ATEME reinforces partnership with MBC Group
Mar 22, 2018 – ATEME has announced that it is reinforcing its partnership with MBC GROUP. Following a first successful deployment in 2017, ATEME now provides MBC GROUP with a complete H.264 and HEVC live headend for multi-screen services.
News categories: ATEME, MBC GROUP, Razik Zaghlouli, Nader Mokhtar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East
LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
Jan 10, 2018 – LG Electronics, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard, has confirmed that all LG 4K Ultra HD TVs now on the market in South Korea already incorporate ATSC 3.0 tuning circuitry.
News categories: LG Electronics, ATSC, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ATSC 3.0 launches in Korea with Rohde & Schwarz transmitters
Oct 12, 2017 – Broadcasters Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS), Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) have launched the world's first terrestrial ATSC 3.0 broadcast network in South Korea for free UHDTV broadcasts.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
KCP selects Kaltura to power KOCOWA OTT service
May 16, 2017 – Kaltura has announced that it has been selected by KCP to power the company’s new OTT service - KOCOWA. The service will deliver the largest collection of premium K-Drama content from Korean broadcasters KBS, MBC, SBS and others to users worldwide.
News categories: Kaltura, KCP, Ron Yekutiel, Kunhee Park, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, OTT, Worldwide
OTT to transform TV viewing in the MENA region
May 3, 2017 – The boom in smartphone and internet penetration is transforming traditional TV viewership patterns in the MENA region as well as is attracting significant investment, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S Nath, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Viu expands to the Philippines
Nov 29, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has achieved four million unique users just one year after its launch and has now launched in the Philippines as part of its regional expansion.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos