Digital TV News: MCIT
Afghanistan officially launches digital TV broadcasting
Sep 1, 2014 – Afghanistan’s digital TV system has been officially inaugurated in a ceremony held at the Kabul Serena Hotel on Sunday August 31, 2014. The event was attended by the state profiles, members of Parliament and representatives of the mass media.
News categories: MCIT, Amirzai Sangin, Afghanistan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Afghanistan issues digital broadcasting network licence to ACG
Aug 21, 2013 – Afghanistan's Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT) has announced that it has signed a contract with ACG for the change-over of the country's analogue TV to a digital system.
News categories: MCIT, ACG, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan begins transition to DVB-T2 digital broadcasting
Aug 13, 2013 – Teleradio Production Association (PA), part of Azerbaijan's Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT), has begun the conversion of digital television broadcast transmitters in the country from DVB-T to DVB-T2.
News categories: Teleradio, MCIT, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Afghanistan to change its analogue TV system to digital
Jan 23, 2013 – To change its analogue system to digital, Afghanistan has announced that it has selected the DVB-T2 standard and the process of implementation will begin in Kabul City first and will complete in five years.
News categories: Ministry of Communication and IT, Afghanistan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA