Digital TV News: MCIT
Afghanistan officially launches digital TV broadcasting
Sep 1, 2014 – Afghanistan’s digital TV system has been officially inaugurated in a ceremony held at the Kabul Serena Hotel on Sunday August 31, 2014. The event was attended by the state profiles, members of Parliament and representatives of the mass media.
News categories: MCIT, Amirzai Sangin, Afghanistan, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Afghanistan issues digital broadcasting network licence to ACG
Aug 21, 2013 – Afghanistan's Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT) has announced that it has signed a contract with ACG for the change-over of the country's analogue TV to a digital system.
News categories: MCIT, ACG, Afghanistan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan begins transition to DVB-T2 digital broadcasting
Aug 13, 2013 – Teleradio Production Association (PA), part of Azerbaijan's Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT), has begun the conversion of digital television broadcast transmitters in the country from DVB-T to DVB-T2.
News categories: Teleradio, MCIT, Azerbaijan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Afghanistan to change its analogue TV system to digital
Jan 23, 2013 – To change its analogue system to digital, Afghanistan has announced that it has selected the DVB-T2 standard and the process of implementation will begin in Kabul City first and will complete in five years.
News categories: Ministry of Communication and IT, Afghanistan, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV