Digital TV News: MEASAT
ASTRO selects Pace set-top box for Malaysia's first HD service
Mar 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is providing the set-top box technology to support the launch of Malaysia's first high-definition (HD) service. ASTRO has selected Pace for the premium service, which launched in December 2009.
News categories: Pace plc, ASTRO TV, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
MEASAT-3a Communications Satellite Successfully Launched
Jun 22, 2009 – Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) has announced that the MEASAT-3a satellite has been successfully launched into orbit. MEASAT-3a will provide Ku-band direct-to-home television broadcasting to Malaysia and Indonesia, plus C-band communications services.
News categories: MEASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Malaysia, Satellite
World Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV Service Revenues to Cross the US$50 Billion Mark in 2009
Mar 3, 2008 – DTH satellite TV subscribers worldwide are projected to be over 133 million in 2010, as stated in a recent report published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
Ku-band Supply Crisis in South Asia: Myth or Reality?
Nov 27, 2007 – Direct-to-Home (DTH) services are the red hot topic in the South Asian commercial transponder market. Many within the industry are even raising the question if there simply is enough Ku-band transponder supply available and planned for the coming years to meet the rapid increase in Ku-band capacity demand in the region.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Bangladesh, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Pakistan, Satellite, Sri Lanka, TV Services
Astro Signs Agreement with NDS
Nov 15, 2007 – Measat Broadcast Network Systems, owner and operator of Malaysian pay-TV service Astro, and NDS Group (NASDAQ: NNDS) have signed contracts for the licensing and deployment of the VideoGuard® conditional access system for its Direct-to-Home Pay-TV services.
News categories: NDS, Astro, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Malaysia, Middleware, Satellite
Reliance's Bluemagic to use Measat-3 satellite for DTH
Jul 21, 2007 – Reliance-Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group's Bluemagic will use Measat-3 satellite and is planning to launch its direct-to-home (DTH) service in the last quarter of this year.
News categories: Digital TV, India, Satellite
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service