Digital TV News: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH
Divitel and Keepixo power IP-based TV for MEDIA BROADCAST
Sep 7, 2017 – Divitel designed a streaming headend featuring Keepixo encoders for service provider MEDIA BROADCAST in Germany. As part of the switch to the hybrid offering freenet TV connect, the solution enables MEDIA BROADCAST to offer MPEG-DASH streaming.
News categories: Keepixo, Divitel, MEDIA BROADCAST, Jerome Blanc, Wouter Slot, Sven Eckoldt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Terrestrial
MEDIA BROADCAST chooses Irdeto for broadcast and multiscreen security
Jun 9, 2015 – Irdeto has announced a new deployment with Germany's MEDIA BROADCAST. The Irdeto Integrated Management System provides a hybrid platform which allows MEDIA BROADCAST to manage content security across broadcast and internet networks targeting multi-screen devices.
News categories: Irdeto, MEDIA BROADCAST, NEOTION, Doug Lowther, Wolfgang Breuer, ANGA COM, CAM, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Mobile, Terrestrial
WDR to begin DVB-T2/HEVC trials in Cologne-Bonn
Oct 14, 2014 – German public broadcaster WDR has announced that, with Media Broadcast, it is planning to begin test broadcasting in DVB-T2 with HEVC video coding in the Cologne-Bonn area.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
MEDIA BROADCAST to develop DVB-T2 platform for Germany
Jun 3, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland to develop a DVB-T2 platform, allowing terrestrial broadcasters to distribute more channels and to broadcast in HD.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, Wolfgang Breuer, Andre Prahl, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
DVB at ANGA Cable 2012
May 30, 2012 – At this year's ANGA Cable, DVB will be exhibiting with ANGA. There will be a DVB-T2 demo received on a Vestel iDTV and Vestel set-top box and a DVB-C2 cable transmission received on a Sony DVB-C2 iDTV and DVB-C2 evaluation board.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA COM, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MEDIA BROADCAST launches DVB-S2 Transmission Platform on Astra 23.5°E
Mar 28, 2012 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a DVB-S2 transmission platform on Astra 3B. The first programmes on the platform will include the Czech TV HD channel, and the satellite will supply DTH broadcasting to 1.5 million Czech households.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, DVB-S2, Satellite, Slovakia
Singapore to launch DVB-T2 trial network in summer 2011
Jun 20, 2011 – MEDIA BROADCAST has been selected by the Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) to conduct a DVB-T2 technical trial in the city state.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Media Development Authority, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Singapore, Terrestrial
New technical features of DVB-T2 successfully tested in Germany
Jun 30, 2010 – DVB-T2 has successfully been tested with new technical features. With Multi-PLP technology tested for the first time ever in Berlin, DVB-T2 offers a completely new and trendsetting option for an optimized use of digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5