Digital TV News: MIPS Technologies
iPPea Brings 'Smart' Android Experience to any HDMI-Enabled DTV
Jul 9, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) and iPPea have announced iPPea's new iPPea TV, an Android 4.0 'Ice Cream Sandwich' dongle that brings the 'smart' Android experience to any HDMI-enabled DTV for $50 (U.S.).
News categories: MIPS Technologies, iPPea, Ingenic, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, USA
MIPS and Broadcom Sign Patent and Technology License Agreement
Jul 3, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that it has entered into a multi-faceted patent and technology license agreement with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM).
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Broadcom, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
SICMicro Selects MIPS Technologies' Processor IP for New Set-top Box Chip
Apr 17, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that SICMicro has selected its MIPS32® processor cores for the new generation of its highly-secure decoder SoCs for China's rapidly-growing ABS-S set-top box market.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, SICMicro, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Opera TV Now Available for MIPS™ Architecture
Mar 19, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Opera Software have teamed to bring the Opera Devices SDK to the MIPS® processor architecture. The Opera TV Store and the Opera TV browser with WebGL™ support are now available for MIPS-Based™ digital home devices.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Opera Software, CCBN, Middleware, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Video Exchange
MIPS Technologies and SiS Continue to Drive Android™ Into the Digital Home
May 31, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Taiwan's Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) have announced that they have collaborated to deliver an optimized Android solution on SiS' new MIPS-Based™ integrated internet TV platform, which is available now.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Silicon Integrated Systems, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
MIPS Technologies' Processor IP Drives New Hybrid Media Player/Set-Top Box Chipset From ALi Corp
Apr 25, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Taiwan's ALi Corporation has based its new system-on-chip (SoC), which is targeted at the emerging 'triple play' market, on its MIPS32® 24KEf™ core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, ALi Corp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
MIPS Technologies Processor Cores to Power Mobile TV Devices from MaxRise
Feb 14, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that MaxRise Inc., a Macronix International Co., Ltd. Group Company, has licensed its MIPS32® M4K® processor core to develop mobile TV solutions.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, MaxRise, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
ACCESS Enhances NetFront™ Series to Support Android™ OS for DTVs and Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2011 – ACCESS (TOKYO: 4813) has announced that it has enhanced its NetFront™ series to support the Android™ OS for DTVs and STBs, implementing its NetFront Browser and NetFront™ Living Connect applications on Sigma Designs' (NASDAQ: SIGM) SMP8656 Secure Media Processor™.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Sigma Designs, MIPS Technologies, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025