Digital TV News: MTC
Roku announces JVC as newest Roku TV brand
Aug 29, 2018 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced that Shenzhen MTC has joined the Roku TV licensing program to build smart TVs under the JVC brand. MTC will use TV hardware reference designs and the Roku OS to create a line of JVC smart TVs.
News categories: Roku, JVC, MTC, Chas Smith, John Araki, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Evolution Digital deploys eVUE-TV with seven more NCTC members
Apr 19, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its fully-managed eVUE-TV IP Video on Demand Solution with seven additional member operators in the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC).
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Marc Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
MTC adopts SERAPHIC HTML5 browser for European TVs
Nov 11, 2016 – Shenzhen MTC has announced that it will adopt Sraf HTML5 browser, provided by SERAPHIC, to launch affordable smart TVs in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Shenzhen MTC, Ye Wang, Kenneth Zhao, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Smart TV
More US cable operators testing 4K via SES satellites
Nov 9, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that four more US cable operators are testing 4K content delivery across SES’s Ultra HD platform, in advance of subscriber trials set to begin later this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
US cable operators conducting UHD trials with SES
Jul 27, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that multiple US cable operators are testing Ultra HD (or 4K) content across its fully-managed Ultra HD platform and receiving HEVC 4K IP set top boxes in preparation for Ultra HD subscriber trials into US households later this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Sjoberg, MTC Cable, Steve Corda, Richard Sjoberg, Glen Faulkner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
IoT to Account for 28% of Wireless Connectivity IC Market by 2021
Apr 27, 2016 – ABI Research has found that smart home, beacon, wearable, and other nascent IoT applications including energy management and smart cities are to propel the wireless IoT connectivity market forward.
News categories: ABI Research, Andrew Zignani, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
UCI Forum and HCL to develop H.265 test suite
Jun 30, 2014 – The UCI Forum has announced that it has signed an agreement with HCL to develop an H.265 test suite for its members to verify compliance with the upcoming UCI Forum interoperability profile for H.265 HEVC and SHVC.
News categories: UCI Forum, HCL, IMTC, Matt Collier, Rajeev Agrawal, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010
Dec 13, 2010 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of Research In China's 'China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010' to their offering.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
FSM Telecom launches pay DTT in Micronesia
Dec 12, 2010 – FSM Telecommunications of the The Federated States of Micronesia has announced the launch of its newest service in Chuuk and Yap, MyTV. The MyTV service employs Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestial (DVB-T).
News categories: FSM Telecom, Digital TV, Micronesia, Terrestrial
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video