Digital TV News: MYTV Broadcasting
Malaysia completes switch to digital TV with Sofia Digital
Dec 18, 2019 – Sofia Digital has announced that MYTV Broadcasting, the company sanctioned by the government to build and operate the DTT infrastructure for analogue switch-off in Malaysia, is equipped with Sofia Digital’s DVB headend technology.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MYTV Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Malaysia's MYTV distributes 2 million decoders
May 24, 2019 – Malaysia has joined 60 other countries in the world who have switched over to digital TV transmission with its successful transition from analogue to digital under the myFreeview brand. 15 TV channels and six radio channels are already available on the platform.
News categories: MCMC, myFreeview, MYTV Broadcasting, Gerard Lim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
MPay, MYTV and Coship to develop HbbTV services on DTT in Malaysia
Apr 26, 2019 – ManagePay Systems (MPay) has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting (MYTV) to develop HbbTV services for Malaysia based on DTT set-top boxes (STBs) from Coship. MPay is to develop e-commerce and Fintech services for the MYTV platform, as well as delivering the STBs.
News categories: MPay, MYTV Broadcasting, Coship, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Speedcast provides DTH for Malaysia's digital TV switchover
Nov 22, 2018 – Speedcast (ASX: SDA) has announced that it will play a key role in Malaysia's switch from analogue TV to digital TV through a DTH solution. Speedcast has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting for the project.
News categories: Speedcast, MYTV Broadcasting, Pierre-Jean Beylier, Michael Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Terrestrial
Green Packet wins DTT STB contract with MYTV in Malaysia
Jan 23, 2018 – Green Packet has announced that it has entered into a contract with MYTV Broadcasting for the design, supply, assembly, testing and acceptance of DVB-T2 (T2000) set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Green Packet, MYTV Broadcasting, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs first approved lab for Malaysia DTT HbbTV receivers
Jul 22, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has received official accreditation from the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) to become the first lab facility for the Malaysian Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) Broadcast Service Receiver Specification, including the interactive HbbTV profile.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, SIRIM, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MYTV signs deal with Telekom Malaysia for DTT infrastructure
Nov 18, 2014 – MYTV Broadcasting and Telekom Malaysia (TM) have announced that they have signed an agreement for the provision of infrastructure and network facilities for digital terrestrial television (DTT) services in Malaysia.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions