Digital TV News: Macrovision
Ocean Blue Software teams with Rovi for home networking TV software
Oct 29, 2009 – Ocean Blue Software has announced a collaboration with Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) to integrate Rovi's Connected Platform software for Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) capabilities into its Sunrise digital video broadcast (DVB) stack.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Rovi Corp, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Rovi Platform Selected by Pace for Next-Generation Set-top Boxes
Aug 24, 2009 – Rovi Corporation (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Pace (LSE:PIC) is using the Rovi Connected Platform solution to enhance its next-generation set-top boxes for cable operators and service providers throughout the Americas.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Pace plc, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Rovi (Macrovision) Launches 'Liquid' Digital Media Guide
Jul 16, 2009 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI), formerly Macrovision, has unveiled a new media guide, codenamed 'Liquid,' capable of connecting consumers to entertainment content on the internet, stored at home, or broadcast, with a single user interface.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Macrovision and ADB Sign Patent Licensing Agreement
Jul 9, 2009 – Macrovision [NASDAQ: MVSN] and Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) [SIX:ADBN] have entered into a patent license agreement for Interactive Program Guides (IPGs) for consumer electronic products.
News categories: Macrovision, Advanced Digital Broadcast, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
CableLabs® Releases Software Tools to Enable More Interactive Content
Jun 15, 2009 – CableLabs® has completed its beta development phase of the tru2way™ Reference Implementation and has made it publicly available through java.net, Sun Microsystems' open source project site.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NDS Joins Macrovision's EPG Patent Licensing Program
Apr 27, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that NDS has entered into a license agreement for its Gemstar EPG patents. The agreement allows NDS to offer licensed EPGs to its pay-TV platform operator customers in specified countries.
News categories: Macrovision, NDS, Digital TV, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
ZyXEL Adopts Macrovision's Connected Platform Solution
Apr 14, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that ZyXEL Communications (TSE: 2391) is using Macrovision's Connected Platform solution in its Network Storage Appliance (NSA) to support Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) guidelines.
News categories: Macrovision, ZyXEL, Middleware, Smart Home
Macrovision's Connected Platform to Support Tru2way™
Apr 1, 2009 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced its Connected Platform's support of tru2way. By deploying the new solution, manufacturers of set-top boxes and TVs now have the ability to develop tru2way-ready multi-room digital video recorders.
News categories: Macrovision, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
EchoStar Unveils World's First SlingLoaded HD DVR for Cable
Mar 30, 2009 – EchoStar Technologies and Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) have unveiled the EchoStar T2200S, the world's first SlingLoaded™, tru2way™-based, multi-tuner, HD DVR set-top box designed specifically for the cable TV industry.
News categories: EchoStar, Sling Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019