Digital TV News: Magine
LiveRamp to acquire Data Plus Math
Jun 24, 2019 – LiveRamp (NYSE: RAMP) has announced that it is to acquire Data Plus Math. Data Plus Math is a media measurement company that works with brands, agencies, cable operators, streaming TV services, and networks to tie cross-screen ad exposure with real-world outcomes.
News categories: LiveRamp, Data Plus Math, Scott Howe, John Hoctor, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market
May 14, 2019 – Despite ongoing consolidation in the ad tech market, overall growth continues. The video ad tech space will reach close to US$6 billion by 2023, up from just under US$1.7 billion in 2018, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Sky participates in You.i TV Series C funding round
May 9, 2019 – Sky has invested in You.i TV. The investment is part of the larger You.i TV Series C funding announced in November 2018, and displays Sky’s commitment to backing innovative companies that help connect consumers to content they want to watch.
News categories: You.i TV, NOW TV, Sky, Jason Flick, David Beazley, Digital TV, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Disney+ set to launch in U.S. on November 12
Apr 11, 2019 – The Walt Disney Company has presented an extensive overview of its comprehensive direct-to-consumer strategy, including presentations on Hulu, Hotstar, ESPN+, and the upcoming Disney+ service at its Investor Day, which took place on the Company’s studio lot.
News categories: Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Imagine Communications integral to Nine Entertainment's ad buying platform
Apr 7, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced its evolving role in Nine Entertainment's 9Galaxy automated TV trading platform. Nine is using Imagine’s xG GamePlan cloud-native booking optimizer to take an audience-based approach to ad inventory management.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Nine Entertainment, Rob Malcolm, Mat Yelavich, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow
Competition authorities approve Tamedia investment in Zattoo
Apr 2, 2019 – In August 2018 Tamedia announced that it intended to increase its holding in Zattoo to over 50%. Following their examination, the Swiss Federal Competition Commission (COMCO) and the Federal Cartel Office of Germany have approved Tamedia’s majority interest.
News categories: Zattoo, Tamedia, Bea Knecht, Nick Brambring, Samuel Hügli, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MnA, Regulation, Switzerland
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium
Mar 12, 2019 – U.S. media and technology companies, in collaboration with smart TV company VIZIO, have announced the formation of a consortium dedicated to the development and deployment of a new, open standard for addressable advertising on connected TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Project OAR, William Wang, Mike Dean, Jesse Redniss, Dave Clark, Jodie McAfee, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Gracenote's Global Video Data powers Etisalat’s E-Vision UX
Mar 10, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that Etisalat's E-Vision is using Gracenote's Global Video Data to deliver viewer experiences for IPTV, OTT and VOD, across TV and mobile applications, for close to one million viewers.
News categories: Gracenote, Etisalat, Geet Lulla, Humaid Sahoo Alsuwaidi, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, UAE, UX
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018