Digital TV News: Magticom
MagtiCom takes over Caucasus Online IPTV in Georgia
Aug 1, 2016 – MagtiCom has announced that, having acquired the assets, it is now providing its customers with the cable internet, internet television, fixed telephony and hosting services that were provided by Caucasus Online.
News categories: MagtiCom, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, MnA
100,000 subscribers for Georgia's MagtiSat
Jan 22, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and MagtiCom have announced that after 2 years of operating MagtiSat, the first domestic DTH platform in Georgia, the company already has more than 100,000 subscribers.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A, Irakli Lobzhanidze, Håkan Sjödin, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite, Subscribers
MagtiSat adds fourth ASTRA transponder for Georgia
Jan 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that MagtiCom has signed an agreement for a fourth transponder at the ASTRA 31.5°E orbital position after the first year of operations of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic DTH satellite platform.
News categories: SES S.A, MagtiSat, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiSat - First DTH TV platform in Georgia starts via ASTRA
Jan 17, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) and MagtiCom have announced the launch of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) satellite platform, via ASTRA. The pay-TV offer will be available beginning January 23, 2012.
News categories: MagtiCom, SES S.A., Digital TV, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
MagtiCom Uses SES Capacity to Launch First Domestic Pay TV Operations in Georgia
Sep 8, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed an agreement with MagtiCom for several transponders at its 31.5° East orbital position. MagtiCom will use the capacity to launch Georgia's first domestic direct-to-home (DTH) television platform.
News categories: SES S.A., MagtiCom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, Satellite
Magticom to launch IPTV in Georgia
Nov 11, 2009 – Georgian mobile operator Magticom has announced that the IPTV service that it plans to launch in the country is to be called Magti TV.
News categories: Magticom, Georgia, IPTV
Ericsson Nikola Tesla signs IPTV contract in Georgia
Aug 10, 2009 – Ericsson Nikola Tesla (Zagreb: ERNT-R-A) has signed an IPTV contract with Georgian mobile operator Magticom for an end-to-end IPTV solution including provision of middleware, headend, VoD, satellite antenna subsystem and set-top boxes.
News categories: Ericsson Nikola Tesla, Magticom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Georgia, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient