Digital TV News: Magyar Telekom
Magyar Telekom to deploy MediaKind’s cloud-based TV platform
Apr 4, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that Deutsche Telekom (DT) has chosen to extend its partnership with MediaKind via the deployment of a multi-tenant next generation cloud TV platform. The first DT subsidiary to operate the new platform will be Magyar Telekom in Hungary.
News categories: MediaKind, Magyar Telekom, Damien Montessuit, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, UX
Magyar Telekom deploys Harmonic encoding solution for its IPTV service
Jun 13, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding solution for its IPTV service. Harmonic's reseller Yazoo ensured the smooth deployment of the project.
News categories: Harmonic, Magyar Telekom, Yazoo, Ian Graham, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV
Hungary adds 49,000 digital pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 29, 2016 – According to Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2016, the number of households with digital television subscriptions was 2,397,850, up 49,002 from 2,348,848 at the end of March 2016.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
DVB-T2 pay TV to launch in Montenegro
Jul 28, 2016 – Crnogorski Telekom and Radio difuzni centar (RDC) have announced a new pay TV platform for Montenegro. The service, called 'TVzaSve', uses the country's DVB-T2 digital terrestrial broadcasting network making it available to 97% of households.
News categories: Crnogorski Telekom, Radio difuzni centar, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Montenegro, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Magyar Telekom converts analogue cable customers to DVB-C
Jan 29, 2016 – Magyar Telekom (Reuters: MTEL.BU; Bloomberg: MTELEKOM HB) is to move its analogue cable TV service to digital in several regions including Budapest and Marcali. The company will provide converter boxes free of charge where required.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Set Top Box
Zenterio OS to be rolled out in Deutsche Telekom's European footprint
Apr 27, 2015 – Zenterio has announced that they will deliver their operating system Zenterio OS to Deutsche Telekom’s seven TV markets. Zenterio OS has already been rolled out in Telekom Romania, Slovak Telekom and Magyar Telekom.
News categories: Zenterio, Deutsche Telekom, Robin Rutili, Thomas Staneker, Croatia, Digital TV, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Macedonia, Middleware, Montenegro, Romania, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Zenterio integrates Ekioh HTML5 browser
Nov 20, 2014 – Zenterio has announces that the company has integrated Ekioh’s HTML5 TV Browser with its Zenterio OS. Ekioh’s TV Browser provides Zenterio with HTML5 features including the ability to support HTML5 middleware and render the latest OTT portals from within their TV operating system UI.
News categories: Zenterio, Ekioh, Marco Frattolin, Stephen Reeder, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Worldwide
Hungary adds 26,000 digital pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2014
Nov 3, 2014 – According to Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in September 2014, the number of digital pay TV households in the country was 2,118,076, up 25,650 from the 2,092,426 at the end of June 2014.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Zenterio delivers software solution to Telekom Romania
Sep 15, 2014 – Telekom Romania (formerly Romtelecom) has announced the rollout starting from October of a new IPTV solution, with Zenterio OS – Zenterio’s software platform – as a key component.
News categories: Zenterio, Telekom Romania, Robin Rutili, Mathias Hanel, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Romania, Set Top Box
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage