Digital TV News: Magyar Telekom
ACCESS to show integration with Zenterio OS at IBC
Sep 2, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced the integration of ACCESS’ TV-centric browser with Zenterio OS. Magyar Telekom and M7 Group, two operators in Europe, have already deployed the solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr Neale Foster, Robin Rutil, Digital TV, HTML5, IBC2019, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Hungary adds 12,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 28, 2014 – According to the Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2014, the number of digital pay TV households in Hungary was 2,092,426, up from 1,949,845 in June 2013.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Crnogorski Telekom adds catch-up TV feature
Jul 18, 2014 – Crnogorski Telekom (CT) has announced the addition of catch-up tv to its Extra TV IPTV service. Customers can now view, at any time and at no extra charge, content broadcast over the previous 48 hours.
News categories: Crnogorski Telekom, Content Distribution, IPTV, Montenegro
Magyar Telekom deploys Zenterio OS on two STBs
Mar 19, 2014 – Zenterio has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed its Zenterio Operating System on two set-top boxes (STBs) that will support both PVR and interactive, multi-room TV services.
News categories: Zenterio, Magyar Telekom, Robin Rutili, Thomas Staneker, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Over 400,000 TV subscribers for Magyar Telekom
Feb 4, 2014 – Magyar Telekom has announced that the number of the subscribers to its IPTV and Interactive Sat TV (satellite) services has exceeded 400 thousand with further growth expected in 2014.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Hungary adds 212,000 digital TV subscribers in 2013
Jan 28, 2014 – According to the latest Flash Report released by Hungary’s Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority, at the end of 2013 the number of digital TV subscribers was 2,048,811, up from 1,836,428 in December 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
Dec 12, 2013 – Magyar Telekom has announced that it has acquired a total of 9 cable networks in Hungary during 2013. The transactions are intended to strengthen Magyar Telekom’s high speed internet coverage and market position.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, János Szabó, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA
Hungary adds 55,000 digital TV subscribers in 2Q 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – According to the latest report from Hungary's Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2013 the number of households with digital television from the country's largest broadcasters was 1,949,845, up from 1,836,428 in December 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Verimatrix to secure Magyar Telekom multiscreen and OTT video initiatives
Jun 5, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System VCAS™ for Internet TV to provide revenue security for its new over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VoD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Magyar Telekom, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hungary, Satellite, TV Everywhere
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV