Digital TV News: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission
Malaysia completes switch to digital TV with Sofia Digital
Dec 18, 2019 – Sofia Digital has announced that MYTV Broadcasting, the company sanctioned by the government to build and operate the DTT infrastructure for analogue switch-off in Malaysia, is equipped with Sofia Digital’s DVB headend technology.
News categories: Sofia Digital, MYTV Broadcasting, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Netflix launches low-cost mobile plan for Malaysia
Oct 23, 2019 – Netflix has announced the launch of a new mobile plan for Malaysia. At RM17/month (~$4), members will be able to watch all of Netflix’s content—with no interruptions or ads—in standard definition (SD) on one smartphone or tablet at a time.
News categories: Netflix, Ajay Arora, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Peninsular Malaysia to complete analogue TV switch-off on October 14th
Oct 9, 2019 – Terrestrial analogue TV broadcast in the northern and eastern regions of Peninsular Malaysia will be completely switched-off on the night of 14 October 2019. With this, the entire Peninsular Malaysia will have switched over fully to digital TV transmission.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, myFreeview, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Malaysia to convert to digital TV broadcasting in stages
Aug 6, 2019 – Malaysia's transition from analogue to digital TV broadcast will be implemented in stages, the country's Minister of Communications and Multimedia has said. Langkawi is the first location to receive myFreeview digital TV in place of analogue TV transmission.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
Jul 21, 2019 – A pilot digital switchover from analogue to digital terrestrial TV has taken place in Gunung Raya, Langkawi. The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission is conducting the test run and study as part of its Analogue Switch Off (ASO) pilot project.
News categories: Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, myFreeview, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Malaysia's MYTV distributes 2 million decoders
May 24, 2019 – Malaysia has joined 60 other countries in the world who have switched over to digital TV transmission with its successful transition from analogue to digital under the myFreeview brand. 15 TV channels and six radio channels are already available on the platform.
News categories: MCMC, myFreeview, MYTV Broadcasting, Gerard Lim, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Speedcast provides DTH for Malaysia's digital TV switchover
Nov 22, 2018 – Speedcast (ASX: SDA) has announced that it will play a key role in Malaysia's switch from analogue TV to digital TV through a DTH solution. Speedcast has partnered with MYTV Broadcasting for the project.
News categories: Speedcast, MYTV Broadcasting, Pierre-Jean Beylier, Michael Chan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs first approved lab for Malaysia DTT HbbTV receivers
Jul 22, 2015 – Digital TV Labs has received official accreditation from the Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) to become the first lab facility for the Malaysian Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) Broadcast Service Receiver Specification, including the interactive HbbTV profile.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, SIRIM, Andy Hickman, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MEASAT-3b successfully launched
Sep 12, 2014 – MEASAT has announced the successful launch of the MEASAT-3b satellite. The satellite lifted-off on an Ariane 5 ECA launch vehicle from European Space Port in Kourou, French Guiana at 6:05am MYT (7:05pm GFT).
News categories: MEASAT, Datuk Umar bin Haji Abu, Content Distribution, Malaysia, Satellite
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA