Digital TV News: Malta Communications Authority
Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
Oct 14, 2019 – Melita has further strengthened its position as Malta’s leading provider of TV services, with subscriber numbers now surpassing 100,000, equivalent to a circa 60% market share. All Melita TV customers now have HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Melita, Simon Poljask, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Subscribers
Malta communications market trends for the period January to June 2018
Feb 27, 2019 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review (CMR) outlining the main developments in the first half of 2018. In the pay TV sector, subscriptions were 161,697 at the end of the half, up from 152,371 a year earlier.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
May 24, 2017 – Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone have agreed to combine Melita and Vodafone Malta. The transaction combines Vodafone Malta, the country’s leading mobile operator, with Melita, Malta’s leading cable, broadband and pay TV provider.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Caroline Farrugia, Amanda Nelson, Harald Rösch, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
IPTV registers strong growth in Malta
Jan 15, 2016 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has updated its Data Report Sheet to cover a number of market indicators up to the end of the third quarter in 2015. The number of pay TV subscriptions at the end of Q3 2015 was down by 1,039 compared to the end of Q3 2014.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Malta releases TV Consumer Perception Survey
Feb 25, 2014 – Between August and October 2013, the MCA commissioned a survey to gauge consumer sentiment on TV distribution services, in particular their perceptions on the general quality of service and prices.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research
Malta digital pay TV grows 5.7% in 2011
Jun 21, 2012 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review for December 2011. During the year, DTTV subscriptions increased by 4,221 or nearly 7%, whilst digital cable subscriptions increased by 3,265 or 4.6%..
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising