Digital TV News: Malta Communications Authority
Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
Oct 14, 2019 – Melita has further strengthened its position as Malta’s leading provider of TV services, with subscriber numbers now surpassing 100,000, equivalent to a circa 60% market share. All Melita TV customers now have HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Melita, Simon Poljask, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Subscribers
Malta communications market trends for the period January to June 2018
Feb 27, 2019 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review (CMR) outlining the main developments in the first half of 2018. In the pay TV sector, subscriptions were 161,697 at the end of the half, up from 152,371 a year earlier.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
May 24, 2017 – Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone have agreed to combine Melita and Vodafone Malta. The transaction combines Vodafone Malta, the country’s leading mobile operator, with Melita, Malta’s leading cable, broadband and pay TV provider.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Caroline Farrugia, Amanda Nelson, Harald Rösch, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
IPTV registers strong growth in Malta
Jan 15, 2016 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has updated its Data Report Sheet to cover a number of market indicators up to the end of the third quarter in 2015. The number of pay TV subscriptions at the end of Q3 2015 was down by 1,039 compared to the end of Q3 2014.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Malta releases TV Consumer Perception Survey
Feb 25, 2014 – Between August and October 2013, the MCA commissioned a survey to gauge consumer sentiment on TV distribution services, in particular their perceptions on the general quality of service and prices.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research
Malta digital pay TV grows 5.7% in 2011
Jun 21, 2012 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review for December 2011. During the year, DTTV subscriptions increased by 4,221 or nearly 7%, whilst digital cable subscriptions increased by 3,265 or 4.6%..
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform