Digital TV News: Manon Brouillette
Videotron adopts Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform for IPTV
Aug 29, 2017 – Videotron has announced an agreement with Comcast aimed at developing and delivering an IPTV service based on Comcast's Xfinity X1 platform that will support a peerless customer experience for Videotron customers.
News categories: Videotron, Comcast, Manon Brouillette, Tony Werner, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Videotron introduces Canada's first Ultra HD DVR
Aug 11, 2015 – Videotron has become the first telecommunications provider in Canada to commercially release an ultra-high-definition (UHD) set-top box across its entire service area. Videotron intends to launch a UHD service by summer's end.
News categories: Videotron, Samsung, Manon Brouillette, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR
illico iPad app coming for Videotron customers
Jun 5, 2014 – Videotron has unveiled the new version of its illico app for the iPad, a Canadian first conceived and developed in Québec. The completely revamped and transformed iPad app will change how users access television programming.
News categories: Videotron, Manon Brouillette, Apps, Cable TV, Canada, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Videotron introduces multi-room PVR
Jun 21, 2013 – Canada's Vidéotron has added multi-room PVR to its illico TV service. Television viewers can now tape programs and watch them on any television set in the home that is equipped with a new-generation HD set-top box.
News categories: Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, DVR, Gateway, Smart Home
Videotron's illico TV passes half million subscriber mark
Feb 21, 2013 – Videotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) has announced that it has reached a new milestone, passing the half-million customer mark for its illico TV service. Less than one year after the launch of the new platform, 500,000 Videotron customers are enjoying its speed, simplicity and HD content.
News categories: Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Subscribers
Videotron Reaches New Heights in Cable Television: Now More Than ONE MILLION illico Digital Television Terminals in Quebec Households
Apr 10, 2008 – Vidéotron has announced that Quebecers are now a million times better equipped to meet their entertainment needs, thanks to illico digital television. The Quebec telco now has more than a million of these terminals on the market.
News categories: Vidéotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020