Digital TV News: María Ferreras
Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
Dec 11, 2018 – Telefónica España has announced the arrival of Netflix on Movistar. Movistar customers now have the option of new Fusión packages that includes Netflix, access to more mobile data and an additional mobile line.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, María Jesús Almazor, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, María Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
Telkom and Netflix confirm partnership in South Africa
Nov 7, 2018 – Telkom has confirmed that it has secured a partnership with Netflix. The partnership is Netflix’s first such agreement with a South African telecommunications company. Netflix will be available via Telkom’s LIT TV Box.
News categories: Telkom SA, Netflix, Wanda Mkhize, Maria Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, South Africa
Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
Apr 12, 2018 – Com Hem has launched its Android TV-based platform Tv Hub, for both Com Hem and Boxer customers. The Tv Hub combines linear TV with play services in HDR and 4K quality. The Tv Hub was designed with partners such as Google, Technicolor and 3SS.
News categories: Com Hem, Jessica Andersson, Maria Ferreras, Marec-Nicholas Gasiun, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
OSN signs Middle East’s first partnership deal with Netflix
Feb 17, 2018 – OSN has signed the first partnership deal in the MENA region with Netflix. Soon OSN customers will be able to access Netflix’s content library via an OSN Box that will be launched towards the end of the second quarter.
News categories: Netflix, OSN, Maria Ferreras, Martin Stewart, Neil Martin, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
Nov 22, 2017 – Netflix and Deutsche Telekom (DT) have announced a partnership enabling all DT subsidiaries to benefit from the company's relationship with Netflix. So far, Telekom customers in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands have benefited from the cooperation.
News categories: Netflix, Deutsche Telekom, Maria Ferreras, Thomas Kicker, Apps, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, IPTV, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box
Euskaltel 4K decoder to have Netflix integrated
Nov 13, 2017 – The Euskaltel Group has signed an agreement with Netflix enabling the operator's TV customers to access Netflix directly through their 4K decoder. Euskaltel will be the first operator in Spain to offer its customers a remote control that features a Netflix button.
News categories: Euskaltel, Netflix, Francisco Arteche, María Ferreras, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage