Digital TV News: Marcien Jenckes
Blockgraph secure data sharing initiative adds industry partners
Jan 22, 2019 – Comcast Cable Advertising (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has launched the next phase of Blockgraph. Comcast is now working with other industry partners in an effort that will facilitate the secure exchange of privacy-compliant audience insights for addressable advertising.
News categories: Blockgraph, Comcast, Jason Manningham, Marcien Jenckes, Kern Schireson, David Kline, Paola Colombo, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast collaborates with industry partners on Blockgraph software
Dec 21, 2018 – Comcast Cable Advertising (Nasdaq:CMCSA) has launched the next phase of Blockgraph, an industry initiative that will facilitate the secure exchange of privacy-compliant audience insights for addressable advertising.
News categories: Blockgraph, Comcast, Jason Manningham, Marcien Jenckes, Kern Schireson, David Kline, Paola Colombo, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen to measure Comcast’s Xfinity Stream app and web portal
Nov 14, 2018 – Nielsen and Comcast have expanded their relationship to include measurement of Comcast’s Xfinity Stream app and web portal. Xfinity TV audiences watching on computers and mobile devices will be included in aggregate in Nielsen ratings.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Peter Bradbury, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Nielsen and FreeWheel partner on OTT and STB VOD measurement
Jun 19, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) have announced plans to expand measurement to OTT and STB VOD inventory. The efforts are intended to allow advertisers to take advantage of additional impressions and expanding overall TV ecosystem market liquidity.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Megan Clarken, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Charter, Comcast and Cox form group to sell advanced advertising
Apr 4, 2018 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox Communications, owners of NCC Media, have announced that they are creating a new division within NCC to design, deploy and sell unified advertising solutions across NCC's participants' national footprint.
News categories: NCC Media, Comcast, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Greg Schaefer, Andrew Ward, David Watson, Marcien Jenckes, Pat Esser, Billy Farina, Thomas M. Rutledge, David Kline, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen gets access to Comcast's set-top box viewing data
Nov 9, 2017 – Nielsen has announced an agreement to use Comcast's (Nasdaq: CMCSA) set-top box data in its local television measurement service. Comcast becomes the fourth major cable or satellite provider whose TV viewing data is being integrated with Nielsen's panel data.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Megan Clarken, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Comcast announces blockchain-based advertising platform
Jun 20, 2017 – Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group, a division of Comcast Cable that combines the capabilities of Strata, FreeWheel, and Visible World, has announced the 'Blockchain Insights Platform' - aimed at improving the efficiency of premium video advertising.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Comcast unveils plans to roll out Xfinity prepaid services
Jul 21, 2016 – Comcast has announced plans to roll out Xfinity Prepaid Services, a pay-as-you-go offering that lets people sign-up for TV or Internet service and 'refill' their subscription any time they would like, for either seven or 30 days.
News categories: Comcast, Boost Mobile, Marcien Jenckes, Jim Hyde, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Comcast adds personal streaming to Xfinity
Apr 29, 2014 – Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) has announced that X1 triple-play customers will soon be able to live stream personal video from their mobile devices, over the Internet, directly to the television.
News categories: Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Apps, Cable TV, Middleware, USA
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto