Digital TV News: Mark Britt
iflix and Indonesia's MNC announce content partnership
May 3, 2019 – iflix has entered into a partnership with Indonesia’s largest integrated media company, MNC (PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk). The strategic partnership will significantly enhance iflix content programming mix and further strengthen its Indonesian local content strategy.
News categories: iflix, MNC, Mark Britt, David Fernando Audy, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT
Globe and iflix establish partnership in the Philippines
Nov 15, 2018 – iflix and the Philippines number one mobile brand, Globe Telecom, have announced a strategic partnership. The alliance will focus on three main business areas: distribution, co-production and content licensing.
News categories: iflix, Globe Telecom, Mark Britt, Ernest Cu, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
Oct 11, 2018 – Vewd and iflix have partnered to make iflix available on Vewd enabled devices. The iflix app has been certified for the Vewd ecosystem, meaning that it can be deployed on millions of connected TVs and STBs without challenging integration.
News categories: Vewd, iflix, Aneesh Rajaram, Mark Britt, Africa, Apps, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
iflix subscriber numbers up 250% in 1H 2018
Jul 16, 2018 – iflix has announced that it now has more than 15 million subscribers to its service, on the back of 250% growth since January 2018. The first half of 2018 has been a period of significant change for iflix as the service evolves away from the traditional Western SVOD model.
News categories: iflix, Mark Britt, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Results, Subscribers
Kwesé iflix launches in Zimbabwe
May 31, 2018 – Kwesé iflix has launched an entertainment platform that will bring live coverage of all 64 FIFA 2018 World Cup games, and thousands of premier entertainment programmes, to millions of Zimbabweans via its new mobile app.
News categories: Kwesé, iflix, Econet Wireless, Kwesé iflix, Joseph Hundah, Mark Britt, Douglas Mboweni, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Zimbabwe
iflix celebrates 10 billion minutes streamed in 2017
Dec 18, 2017 – iflix is thrilled to share its latest milestone – 10 billion minutes streamed across its platform in 2017. The achievement marks an incredible uptake in user engagement, with cumulative viewing minutes up well over 400% from three billion total minutes streamed at the end of 2016.
News categories: iflix, Mark Britt, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Worldwide
iflix secures additional $133 million funding
Aug 7, 2017 – iflix has announced that it has completed a $133 million funding round. The round was led by Hearst and included new investors Singapore-based EDBI and clients of DBS private bank. Existing shareholders also increased their investments.
News categories: iflix, Hearst, Mark Britt, Neeraj Khemlani, Rick Hess, Patrick Grove, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Venture Capital
iflix extends footprint to sub-Saharan Africa
Jun 1, 2017 – iflix has announced the establishment of iflix Africa to bring its service to sub-Saharan Africa. With launches planned in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and Zimbabwe, iflix Africa will increase iflix’s global footprint to 23 territories.
News categories: iflix, Mark Britt, Andre de Wet, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, OTT, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Zain launches iflix service across Middle East and Africa
May 22, 2017 – Zain Group and iflix have announced the launch of iflix’s service across several of Zain’s markets. This follows the announcement earlier in the year whereby Zain and iflix formed a joint venture entity, ‘iflix Arabia’.
News categories: Zain, iflix, Scott Gegenheimer, Mark Britt, Apps, Bahrain, Digital TV, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, OTT, Saudi Arabia, Sudan
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA