Digital TV News: Mark Chong
Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO make 5G AR call between Singapore and Australia
Feb 22, 2019 – Singtel, Optus and Ericsson have made a 5G video call with Augmented Reality (AR) between Singapore and Australia. Made with OPPO 5G test devices, the call marks the latest 5G highlight for Singtel, Optus, Ericsson and OPPO.
News categories: Singtel, Optus, Ericsson, OPPO, Mark Chong, Allen Lew, Martin Wiktorin, Peter Huang, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Singapore, VR
Accedo powers StarHub’s new Android TV service
Sep 11, 2018 – Accedo has announced that its Studio Pay TV Android TV Launcher is powering the newly-launched Android TV Operator Tier STB TV offering from StarHub. Branded as the StarHub Go Streaming Box, the Android TV STB service extends the StarHub Go OTT service to the living room.
News categories: Accedo, StarHub, Michael Lantz, Chong Siew Loong, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore, UX
WebTVAsia deploys Verimatrix for its VOD service
Sep 15, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that Malaysia-based digital entertainment group WebTVAsia has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Internet TV as the underlying framework for its video-on-demand (VOD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, WebTVAsia, Steve Oetegenn, Fred Chong, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Malaysia, OTT
NAGRA supports StarHub’s transition to IP platform
Sep 4, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has completed the end-to-end integration of StarHub’s multi-network pay-TV services into the operator’s brand new Hubtricity facility.
News categories: NAGRA, StarHub, Stéphane Le Dreau, Chong Siew Loong, Cable TV, Digital TV, Singapore
Rovi to launch HTML5 Electronic Program Guide for J:COM
Jan 31, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that its G-Guide HTML is planned to be launched on the new set-top box 'Smart J:COM Box' developed by Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM) in Japan.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Kazumasa Watanabe, Chong-Ho Choi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
UTStarcom Wins IPTV Broadcasting Control Platform Contract in Hainan
May 10, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has been awarded a contract from Hainan Network Television (HNWTV) to build an IPTV broadcasting control platform. The platform will support the content management and distribution needs of IPTV, Internet TV and mobile TV.
News categories: UTStarcom, China, Content Distribution, IPTV
UTStarcom Signs IPTV Broadcasting Control Platform Contract in Chongqing
Apr 12, 2012 – UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has won a contract from Chongqing Radio and Television to build an IPTV broadcasting control platform. Chongqing is the first of the 42 trial cities to award a contract to an IPTV solution provider.
News categories: UTStarcom, Chongqing Radio and Television, China, Content Distribution, IPTV
Kilopass XPM Non-Volatile Memory IP Wins Design in SICMICRO Set-Top Box SoC
Apr 3, 2012 – Kilopass Technology has announced that its XPM (eXtra Permanent Memory) IP is being integrated into a two-way cable TV Set-Top Box System-on-Chip being designed by Beijing's SICMICRO (Chongqing Silian Microelectronics).
News categories: SICMICRO, Kilopass, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
SNL Kagan Report Shows China to Become Asia's Top Pay-TV Economy in 2011
Jun 22, 2011 – An analysis of China's pay-TV market by SNL Kagan finds that while China has long been the world's largest multichannel market in terms of subscribers, 2011 revenues of $7.5 billion are set to rank China as the top pay-TV market in Asia.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Market Research
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019