Digital TV News: Mark Ely
Roku announces 'Roku TV Ready' program
Jan 6, 2020 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) has announced Roku TV Ready, a program that allows consumer electronics companies to partner with Roku to help their products work seamlessly with Roku TV. The first partners under the program are TCL North America and Sound United.
News categories: Roku, Sound United, TCL, Mark Ely, Brendon Stead, Chris Larson, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Simple.TV selects Gracenote to power EPGs for on-screen and second screen apps
Dec 12, 2013 – Simple.TV has selected Gracenote eyeQ™ to power the electronic program guide for all digital basic cable and over-the-air programming for Simple.TV users in North America.
News categories: Gracenote, Simple.TV, Mark Ely, Stephen White, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Simple.TV partners with Silicondust for new hardware and expansion into Europe
Sep 5, 2013 – Simple.TV has announced a manufacturing and distribution partnership with Silicondust to build and distribute their next generation streaming DVR device and bring broadcast, over-the-air (OTA) television to connected devices everywhere.
News categories: Simple.TV, Silicondust, DVR, Europe, IFA2020, Set Top Box, USA
Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
Jun 11, 2013 – Simple.TV and Rovi Entertainment Store (RES) have announced a collaboration that is designed to enable Rovi Entertainment Store customers to deliver live TV and Cloud DVR functionality from within their RES-powered applications and accounts when paired with a Simple.TV.
News categories: Simple.TV, Rovi, DVR, OTT, Placeshifting
Pixsan and Simple.TV Announce Strategic Partnership and initial Freeview integration
Mar 19, 2013 – Pixsan Digital Software has announced that is has partnered with Really Simple Software to bring Simple.TV to the European, Middle East and African markets. Pixsan also says it will be ready with a Freeview version of the Simple.TV DVR and service over the summer.
News categories: Pixsan, Simple.TV, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UK
Simple.TV launches DVR for cord cutters with Buffalo & ViXS
Jan 9, 2012 – Simple.TV has announced that it has partnered with Buffalo to launch a DVR designed for the connected world. Bringing live and recorded TV to connected devices, Simple.TV turns the iPad, Roku box, Google TV, or any web browser into a full-featured DVR.
News categories: Simple.TV, Buffalo Inc, ViXS Systems, Maresuke Ishii, Sally Daub, Mark Ely, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Simple.TV Launches DVR for the Connected TV World
Jan 9, 2012 – Simple.TV has launched the first DVR designed for the connected TV world. Bringing live and recorded TV to connected devices, Simple.TV turns the iPad, Roku box, Google TV, Boxee Box, or any web browser into a DVR that is accessible from anywhere.
News categories: Simple.TV, CES2020, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
ViXS Announces Support for RoxioNow on XCode® 4210
Jan 5, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced support for the RoxioNow® entertainment platform from Sonic Solutions. Support for RoxioNow on ViXS platforms as a pre-integrated solution can significantly reduce the time-to-market for our OEM customers.
News categories: ViXS, Sonic Solutions, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor
Sears and Kmart Team with Sonic to Launch Movie Download Service
Dec 28, 2010 – Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced that RoxioNow™ platform licensee, Sears (NASDAQ:SHLD), has officially launched its online movie download service, Alphaline Entertainment.
News categories: Sonic Solutions, Sears, Kmart, Alphaline, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, USA
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months