Digital TV News: Mark Hess
Comcast brings Xfinity TV Partner App to Roku devices
Apr 20, 2016 – Comcast has announced that later this year, Xfinity TV customers will be able to enjoy their cable subscription in the home via the new Xfinity TV Partner app designed for Roku TVs and Roku streaming players.
News categories: Roku, Comcast, Steve Shannon, Mark Hess, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
DLNA releases CVP-2 Guidelines for viewing TV content on home devices
Mar 18, 2014 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released its CVP-2 Guidelines. The availability of certified devices will enable consumers to enjoy their service providers’ full subscriber experiences on many different screens in the home.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Scott Lofgren, Mark Hess, Steve Necessary, Tom Lookabaugh, Brett L. Sappington, Digital TV, Gaming, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Leading Entertainment Companies Create Registry for Movie and Television Content
Oct 27, 2010 – A new international coalition has announced the launch of the Entertainment Identifier Registry (EIDR), a non-profit global independent registry that provides a uniform approach to cataloging audio/video assets with unique identifiers (IDs).
News categories: EIDR, CNRI, International DOI Foundation, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT
NDS Selected by Comcast as Professional Services Partner and Prime Integrator for tru2way Implementations
Jun 21, 2010 – NDS has announced that it has been chosen by Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) to be the Prime Integrator of the company's tru2way software integration project that utilizes the CableLabs tru2way Reference Implementation (RI).
News categories: NDS Group, Comcast, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
itaas Develops EBIF Solution to Expand Availability of Interactive Platform
May 11, 2010 – itaas has announced that it has completed integration and development work with Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) on a user agent built on CableLabs' EBIF specification for use on Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) set-top boxes.
News categories: itaas, Comcast, Cisco Systems, TVWorks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo subscribers down 146 thousand in quarter to end-July 2009
Aug 26, 2009 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported results for its second quarter ended July 31, 2009. TiVo lost 42,000 direct subscribers and 104,000 subscribers through MSOs/broadcasters, to leave a total of 3.05 million at the end of the period.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Australia, Cable TV, Canada, DVR, Mexico, New Zealand, OTT, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
itaas to license Comcast's TVWorks EBIF platform
Apr 1, 2009 – itaas and Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) have announced that they are working together to help cable operators quickly and reliably deploy a standard interactive television platform built on CableLabs®' EBIF specification.
News categories: itaas, Comcast, TVWorks, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Interactive TV's Present and Future to be Featured at The Cable Show '09
Mar 26, 2009 – Enhanced TV and tru2way™ interactive TV applications will play a major role at The Cable Show '09 being held April 1-3 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
News categories: The Cable Show, CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware
Panasonic Announces Arrival of First Tru2way™ HDTVs at Retail
Oct 15, 2008 – Panasonic (NYSE: PC) and Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) have announced the arrival of the first tru2way VIERA HDTVs at Abt Electronics in Glenview, IL and officially declared the tru2way platform active in Chicago and Denver.
News categories: Panasonic, Comcast, Abt Electronics, CableLabs, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia