Digital TV News: Mark Jackson
SAGE brings Nest intelligence, security and control to the TV
May 5, 2016 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that its SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system now works with the Nest Cam security camera, the Nest Learning Thermostat and the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarm.
News categories: EchoStar, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
EchoStar launches SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system
Mar 7, 2016 – EchoStar Technologies (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of its new SAGE by Hughes security and smart home system. SAGE is a security and smart home solution that can be controlled from the TV and an app on iOS or Android mobile devices.
News categories: EchoStar Technologies, Mark Jackson, Apps, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smartphone, USA
EchoStar And NAGRA ship anyCAST COMMAND security for 4K Ultra HD STBs
Sep 22, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has shipped NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND to EchoStar for production of 4K-capable set-top boxes for the companies’ joint clients. anyCAST COMMAND concentrates both decryption and descrambling into a single, secure NAGRA device.
News categories: NAGRA, EchoStar, Maurice van Riek, Mark Jackson, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
EchoStar and NAGRA make SmarDTV into a joint venture
Mar 31, 2015 – Kudelski (SIX: KUD.S) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) have announced that EchoStar will become a shareholder in SmarDTV. EchoStar's operations in Steeton, U.K. and Madrid, Spain will be transferred to SmarDTV.
News categories: Kudelski, EchoStar, SmarDTV, André Kudelski, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box, Spain, UK, Worldwide
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
MobiTV and EchoStar collaborate on secure Android set-top box
Sep 16, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). Expanding MobiTV's footprint inside the home, its DRM agent and Marvell-powered media player are now integrated into EchoStar set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, EchoStar, Marvell, Charlie Nooney, Mark Jackson, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar HD Satellite Set-Top Boxes Enabled by Entropic SoC and Demod
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the deployment of its set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) and demodulator technology in three EchoStar models, which are currently being deployed at Bell Canada, Dish Mexico and Telus.
News categories: Entropic, EchoStar, Canada, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mexico, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar Delivers Competitive Edge to Mid-Sized Cable Operators With New Set-Top Box Technology
Jun 14, 2011 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the launch of three new HD set-top boxes specifically designed to enable mid-sized and independent cable operators to economically leverage their interactive advantage in delivering enhanced video applications.
News categories: EchoStar, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box
EchoStar Introduces Aria™, a New Feature-Rich Solution Exclusively for Cable TV Operators
Jun 6, 2011 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) will unveil Aria™, a new technology 'ecosystem' designed exclusively for mid-sized and independent cable TV operators on June 14 during the cable industry's annual signature convention, The Cable Show.
News categories: EchoStar, Cable TV, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform