Digital TV News: Mark Teitell
UK's blinkbox goes UltraViolet
Oct 14, 2014 – blinkbox has introduced digital movie and TV locker service UltraViolet to allow customers to build a digital collection from select physical discs they have bought in-store and access them via the service.
News categories: blinkbox, UltraViolet, Tesco, Adrian Letts, Mark Teitell, Ian Ditcham, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, UK
BluFocus to administer UltraViolet compliance verification program
Jan 16, 2014 – BluFocus has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) LLC, to act as the administrator for the UltraViolet Compliance Verification Program (CVP).
News categories: BluFocus, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Paulette Pantoja, Mark Teitell, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
DivX DRM receives conditional approval for UltraViolet™ digital downloads
Jan 7, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that DivX digital rights management (DRM), previously approved for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem, has now received conditional approval for digital downloads, as well as ‘side-loading’.
News categories: Rovi Corp, UltraViolet, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Mark Teitell, CES2020, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
Dec 11, 2013 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment now encode movies and TV programs in the UltraViolet™ Common File Format (CFF) using Dolby® Digital Plus™.
News categories: Dolby, Ron Geller, Danny Kaye, Bill Clark, Mark Teitell, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
CinemaNow first to launch Disc-to-digital service in Canada
Sep 3, 2013 – CinemaNow has officially launched their Disc-to-digital service. With the service, Canadians can take their physical DVDs, convert them to a digital format in the convenience of their home, and watch them on CinemaNow.
News categories: CinemaNow, Canada, DVD, OTT
DivX Plus Streaming DRM Approved for UltraViolet Services
Jan 7, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced that the DivX® digital rights management (DRM) used with the company's adaptive streaming format, has been approved by the Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) for streaming use within the UltraViolet ecosystem.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, CES2020, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
UltraViolet Attracts More Than 750,000 Households in First Three Months
Jan 11, 2012 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has provided an update on the roll-out of UltraViolet™. Following the launch of an initial 19 UltraViolet-enabled titles, more than 750,000 households have registered with UltraViolet.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, Blu-ray, CES2020, Content Protection, DVD, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
UltraViolet™ Begins B2B Deployment in U.S. Market
Jul 13, 2011 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), the consortium dedicated to facilitating the development and operation of UltraViolet™, has announced the launch of its licensing program for content, technology and service providers.
News categories: UltraViolet, Content Protection, DRM, OTT, USA
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV