Digital TV News: Mark Jackson
Widevine Selected By EchoStar for Digital Rights Management
Aug 10, 2010 – Widevine has announced that EchoStar and Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) have selected Widevine's DRM solution for the protection of content delivered by SlingLoaded™ consumer devices.
News categories: Widevine, Sling Media, EchoStar, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
Entropic Silicon Tuner Deployed in EchoStar Over-the-Air Module
Jul 21, 2009 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its RF4400 ATSC Silicon Tuner has been selected by EchoStar Technologies (Nasdaq:SATS) for inclusion in its high-definition over-the-air (OTA) module for select HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Echostar, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
EchoStar Unveils World's First SlingLoaded HD DVR for Cable
Mar 30, 2009 – EchoStar Technologies and Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) have unveiled the EchoStar T2200S, the world's first SlingLoaded™, tru2way™-based, multi-tuner, HD DVR set-top box designed specifically for the cable TV industry.
News categories: EchoStar, Sling Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
EchoStar Unveils World's First Placeshifting HD DVR at 2009 CES
Jan 8, 2009 – EchoStar Technologies (NASDAQ: SATS) has introduced at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show the EchoStar SlingLoaded™ 922 HD DVR, the world's first high definition digital video recorder that incorporates Sling Media's placeshifting technology.
News categories: EchoStar, Sling Media, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Placeshifting, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
EchoStar™ Signs tru2way™ Host Device License Agreement with CableLabs®
Aug 11, 2008 – EchoStar Technologies (NASDAQ:SATS) signals its intent to build set-top boxes for the cable industry with its recent signing of the tru2way™ Host Device License Agreement with CableLabs®.
News categories: EchoStar, CableLabs, tru2way, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Entropic working with Echostar on Band Translation Switch
Jul 22, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that the company is working with EchoStar (Nasdaq:SATS) to develop additional outdoor units leveraging Entropic's Band Translation Switch (BTS) technology.
News categories: Entropic Communications, EchoStar, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
EchoStar Develops Products and Services for Cable Industry
May 14, 2008 – EchoStar Technologies (NASDAQ:SATS) has announced its entry into the cable industry with the introduction of CableLabs Certified® DOCSIS® 2.0 SlingModem at CableNET® in New Orleans.
News categories: EchoStar, Sling Media, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, OTT, Placeshifting, USA
EchoStar Introduces New High-Definition DVR Receiver for the HD Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2008 – EchoStar Holding Corporation has announced the launch of a new high definition (HD) DVR receiver to complement its premier line of ViP set-top boxes.
News categories: EchoStar, DISH Network, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
EchoStar Introduces New Digital-to-Analog Converter Boxes
Jan 7, 2008 – EchoStar Holding Corporation (Nasdaq:SATS) has announced its plans to offer two new digital-to-analog converter boxes.
News categories: EchoStar, Sling Media, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020