Digital TV News: Maroc Telecom
Maroc Telecom acquires Tigo Chad
Mar 15, 2019 – Maroc Telecom has signed an agreement with Millicom to acquire 100% of the shares of its subsidiary Tigo Chad, the leading mobile operator in Chad. This acquisition aims to enlarge and consolidate the presence of Maroc Telecom in Africa.
News categories: Maroc Telecom, Millicom, Tigo Chad, Chad, MnA
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Maroc Telecom consolidated revenues at December 31, 2008
Jan 19, 2009 – Maroc Telecom's landline Internet customer base reached 482,000 lines at the end of 2008, up 1.3% compared to 2007, to which nearly 30,000 Internet Mobile 3G+ and 10,000 IPTV customers have to be added.
News categories: Maroc Telecom, IPTV, Morocco, Results, Subscribers
IPTV Subscribers Grow 19% in 3Q06!
Dec 29, 2006 – According to DITTBERNER's recently released report "Global Broadband Subscriber Survey", IPTV subscribers grew 19% to 2.7 Million in 3Q06. PCCW with 638,000 subscribers was the largest IPTV operator.
News categories: DITTBERNER, Belgium, Broadband, Digital TV, France, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Morocco, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Sweden, UK
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet