Digital TV News: Martin Halliwell
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SES-9 successfully launched on SpaceX Falcon 9
Mar 5, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its SES-9 satellite was successfully launched into space on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-9 is planned to commence its services in the third quarter of this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Satellite
SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
Feb 25, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced an agreement with SpaceX to launch two new satellites in 2017. SES-14 will bring additional capacity to serve growing Direct-to-Home and Direct-to-Cable video neighbourhoods in the Americas. SES-16/GovSat is for government-specific missions.
News categories: SES S.A, SpaceX, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Astra 5B goes live at 31.5°E
Jun 2, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 5B satellite has gone live at the orbital position of 31.5° East over Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Europe, Russia, Satellite
SES ASTRA Orders New Satellite From Astrium
Jul 15, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has awarded the construction of a new satellite, ASTRA 1N, to Astrium. The spacecraft is scheduled for launch in 2011 and will be positioned at ASTRA's prime orbital position 19.2°E.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Astrium, Content Distribution, Satellite
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers