Digital TV News: Martin Halliwell
SES-12 successfully launched
Jun 3, 2018 – SES has announced that SES-12 was successfully launched onboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-12 will join SES-8 at 95°E to meet the needs of video, fixed data, mobility and government customers across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
SES-9 successfully launched on SpaceX Falcon 9
Mar 5, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its SES-9 satellite was successfully launched into space on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral. SES-9 is planned to commence its services in the third quarter of this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Asia, Content Distribution, Satellite
SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
Feb 25, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced an agreement with SpaceX to launch two new satellites in 2017. SES-14 will bring additional capacity to serve growing Direct-to-Home and Direct-to-Cable video neighbourhoods in the Americas. SES-16/GovSat is for government-specific missions.
News categories: SES S.A, SpaceX, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Latin America, North America, Satellite
ASTRA 2G satellite released into geostationary transfer orbit
Dec 28, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2G satellite has been launched into space on board an ILS Proton Breeze M booster. The Breeze M has successfully released the ASTRA 2G satellite into geostationary transfer orbit.
News categories: SES S.A, International Launch Services, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Astra 5B goes live at 31.5°E
Jun 2, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 5B satellite has gone live at the orbital position of 31.5° East over Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
News categories: SES S.A, Martin Halliwell, Content Distribution, Europe, Russia, Satellite
SES ASTRA Orders New Satellite From Astrium
Jul 15, 2008 – SES ASTRA (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has awarded the construction of a new satellite, ASTRA 1N, to Astrium. The spacecraft is scheduled for launch in 2011 and will be positioned at ASTRA's prime orbital position 19.2°E.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Astrium, Content Distribution, Satellite
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free