Digital TV News: Matt Frost
Samsung joins the Alliance for Open Media Board of Directors
Apr 3, 2019 – The Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) has announced that Samsung has joined at the Board-level, the first tier of the organization. AOMedia is a nonprofit organization formed with the aim to define and develop open standards for media compression and delivery over the web.
News categories: Alliance for Open Media, Samsung, Matt Frost, Seunghwan Cho, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Ittiam accelerates VP9 encoder with Netflix and Google
Mar 31, 2017 – Ittiam has announced completion of a project to enhance the encoding speed of the VP9 encoder. The performance-optimized version is now publicly available as part of the royalty-free, open-source distribution of VP9.
News categories: Ittiam, Netflix, Google, Mukund Srinivasan, David Ronca, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, OTT, Worldwide
VP9 decoder available for Imagination PowerVR Series6 GPUs
Feb 25, 2014 – Imagination Technologies (IMG.L) has announced that a GPU accelerated VP9 software decoder for its PowerVR Series6 Rogue graphics processors (GPUs) is available from partner MulticoreWare.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, MulticoreWare, Peter McGuinness, Matt Frost, Media Player, MWC19, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
On2 Releases Hantro Multiformat Hardware Decoder with On2 VP6 Support
Oct 8, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has released its new flagship hardware video decoder design, the Hantro™ 9190. The 9190 is the tenth generation of the Hantro line of decoders.
News categories: On2, OTT, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
On2 Technologies Licenses VP6 Video Decoder Technology to videantis
Sep 22, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that videantis has licensed its VP6 video decoder source code for implementation in the videantis v-MPx programmable processor platform.
News categories: On2, videantis, Licensing, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Google to Acquire On2 Technologies
Aug 5, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) have jointly announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Google will acquire On2, a leading developer of video compression technology.
News categories: On2, Google, Digital TV, MnA, OTT
VisualOn Integrates On2 VP6 Video Into Mobile Multimedia Applications
Mar 25, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has licensed its On2 VP6® video format and software to VisualOn. VisualOn will optimize and integrate VP6 decoding software into its multimedia application suite for mobile platforms.
News categories: On2, VisualOn, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
On2 Technologies Demonstrates High-Definition Mobile Video Solutions at Mobile World Congress
Feb 5, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Alternext US: ONT) will demonstrate high-definition mobile video solutions at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona from February 16-19.
News categories: On2 Technologies, Media Player, Mobile, MWC19, Silicon IP
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration