Digital TV News: Matt James
Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – Advertisers will increase their global ad expenditure by 4.3% in 2020, but television will record zero growth over the period, as price inflation counterbalances the decline in global audiences, according to Zenith's Advertising Expenditure Forecasts.
News categories: Zenith, Matt James, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
Sep 16, 2019 – The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021, up from 84 minutes this year, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts 2019 report. That’s the equivalent of watching 25 continuous days of video in 2021.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Television remains the most popular global medium
Jun 10, 2019 – According to Zenith Media, television remains the biggest medium globally, attracting 167 minutes of viewing each day in 2019. Television viewing is predicted to fall slowly to 165 minutes a day in 2021, to then account for 33% of all media consumption.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
Dec 18, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Inter Mountain Cable (IMC) to launch a variety of advanced TV services across IMC’s IPTV and cable networks. Espial’s Elevate is a TVaaS video platform that allows operators to manage, deliver, and monetize video experiences.
News categories: Espial, Inter Mountain Cable, Matt James, John Schmoldt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
WOW! uses Espial Elevate TVaaS for its ULTRA TV service
Oct 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that WideOpenWest (WOW!) will use Espial’s Elevate video platform to power its WOW! ULTRA STB offering. Elevate gives service providers the ability to deploy IPTV, OTT and cable services quickly, with low deployment risk, and with predictable costs.
News categories: Espial, WideOpenWest, Matt James, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Conway signs up for Espial's SaaS video platform
Jul 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that Conway Corporation, a provider of internet, digital TV, telephone, home monitoring, and utilities to customers in Conway, Arkansas has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform.
News categories: Espial, Conway Corp, Matt James, Bret Carroll, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Hiawatha Broadband Communications selects Espial’s Elevate platform
May 14, 2018 – Espial has announced that Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) has expanded its affiliation with Espial to offer App-based IPTV and OTT services to set-tops, mobile phones, tablets, and streaming players including Roku, in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
News categories: Espial, Hiawatha, Matt James, Jim Kronebusch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Eagle Communications licenses Espial Elevate SaaS video platform
May 7, 2018 – Espial has announced that Eagle Communications has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform. With Elevate, video customers get a branded intuitive experience, advanced voice control, and access to OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Eagle Communications, Matt James, Travis Kohlrus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs