Digital TV News: Matt James
Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – Advertisers will increase their global ad expenditure by 4.3% in 2020, but television will record zero growth over the period, as price inflation counterbalances the decline in global audiences, according to Zenith's Advertising Expenditure Forecasts.
News categories: Zenith, Matt James, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
Sep 16, 2019 – The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021, up from 84 minutes this year, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts 2019 report. That’s the equivalent of watching 25 continuous days of video in 2021.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Television remains the most popular global medium
Jun 10, 2019 – According to Zenith Media, television remains the biggest medium globally, attracting 167 minutes of viewing each day in 2019. Television viewing is predicted to fall slowly to 165 minutes a day in 2021, to then account for 33% of all media consumption.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
Dec 18, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Inter Mountain Cable (IMC) to launch a variety of advanced TV services across IMC’s IPTV and cable networks. Espial’s Elevate is a TVaaS video platform that allows operators to manage, deliver, and monetize video experiences.
News categories: Espial, Inter Mountain Cable, Matt James, John Schmoldt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
WOW! uses Espial Elevate TVaaS for its ULTRA TV service
Oct 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that WideOpenWest (WOW!) will use Espial’s Elevate video platform to power its WOW! ULTRA STB offering. Elevate gives service providers the ability to deploy IPTV, OTT and cable services quickly, with low deployment risk, and with predictable costs.
News categories: Espial, WideOpenWest, Matt James, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Conway signs up for Espial's SaaS video platform
Jul 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that Conway Corporation, a provider of internet, digital TV, telephone, home monitoring, and utilities to customers in Conway, Arkansas has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform.
News categories: Espial, Conway Corp, Matt James, Bret Carroll, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Hiawatha Broadband Communications selects Espial’s Elevate platform
May 14, 2018 – Espial has announced that Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) has expanded its affiliation with Espial to offer App-based IPTV and OTT services to set-tops, mobile phones, tablets, and streaming players including Roku, in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
News categories: Espial, Hiawatha, Matt James, Jim Kronebusch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Eagle Communications licenses Espial Elevate SaaS video platform
May 7, 2018 – Espial has announced that Eagle Communications has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform. With Elevate, video customers get a branded intuitive experience, advanced voice control, and access to OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Eagle Communications, Matt James, Travis Kohlrus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware