Digital TV News: Matt James
Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
Dec 9, 2019 – Advertisers will increase their global ad expenditure by 4.3% in 2020, but television will record zero growth over the period, as price inflation counterbalances the decline in global audiences, according to Zenith's Advertising Expenditure Forecasts.
News categories: Zenith, Matt James, Jonathan Barnard, Advertising, Market Research, Worldwide
Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
Sep 16, 2019 – The average person will spend 100 minutes each day watching online video in 2021, up from 84 minutes this year, according to Zenith’s Online Video Forecasts 2019 report. That’s the equivalent of watching 25 continuous days of video in 2021.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Television remains the most popular global medium
Jun 10, 2019 – According to Zenith Media, television remains the biggest medium globally, attracting 167 minutes of viewing each day in 2019. Television viewing is predicted to fall slowly to 165 minutes a day in 2021, to then account for 33% of all media consumption.
News categories: Zenith, Jonathan Barnard, Matt James, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
Dec 18, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Inter Mountain Cable (IMC) to launch a variety of advanced TV services across IMC’s IPTV and cable networks. Espial’s Elevate is a TVaaS video platform that allows operators to manage, deliver, and monetize video experiences.
News categories: Espial, Inter Mountain Cable, Matt James, John Schmoldt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
WOW! uses Espial Elevate TVaaS for its ULTRA TV service
Oct 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that WideOpenWest (WOW!) will use Espial’s Elevate video platform to power its WOW! ULTRA STB offering. Elevate gives service providers the ability to deploy IPTV, OTT and cable services quickly, with low deployment risk, and with predictable costs.
News categories: Espial, WideOpenWest, Matt James, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Conway signs up for Espial's SaaS video platform
Jul 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that Conway Corporation, a provider of internet, digital TV, telephone, home monitoring, and utilities to customers in Conway, Arkansas has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform.
News categories: Espial, Conway Corp, Matt James, Bret Carroll, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Hiawatha Broadband Communications selects Espial’s Elevate platform
May 14, 2018 – Espial has announced that Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) has expanded its affiliation with Espial to offer App-based IPTV and OTT services to set-tops, mobile phones, tablets, and streaming players including Roku, in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
News categories: Espial, Hiawatha, Matt James, Jim Kronebusch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Eagle Communications licenses Espial Elevate SaaS video platform
May 7, 2018 – Espial has announced that Eagle Communications has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform. With Elevate, video customers get a branded intuitive experience, advanced voice control, and access to OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Eagle Communications, Matt James, Travis Kohlrus, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019