Digital TV News: Matt Stein
Extreme Reach platform connects all creative with any media placement
May 9, 2019 – Extreme Reach has launched AdBridge, a platform to automatically prepare and connect all creative with any media placement. AdBridge integrates asset preparation, TV delivery, video ad serving, Talent & Rights management and overall creative asset management in one platform.
News categories: Extreme Reach, Tim Conley, Matt Timothy, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Distributel to offer MOBITV app-based TV in Canada
Nov 5, 2018 – Distributel has announced that it has partnered with MOBITV. By utilizing MOBITV's IPTV and BYOD method of service delivery, Distributel is providing a cost-conscious option that does not require customers to purchase additional hardware or incur setup fees.
News categories: MOBITV, Distributel, Charlie Nooney, Matt Stein, Apps, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Distributel acquires Canadian IPTV provider Zazeen
Nov 2, 2017 – Distributel Communications has announced that it has received CRTC approval to acquire 100% of Zazeen. Distributel was Canada's first major independent ISP to offer television services, which are now available across Ontario and Quebec.
News categories: Distributel, Zazeen, Matt Stein, Sandro Henriques, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA
Amazon announces Amazon Video Direct
May 10, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced an enhancement to Amazon Video: introducing Amazon Video Direct (AVD), a self-service program for creators and storytellers to make their video content available to Amazon customers.
News categories: Amazon, Jim Freeman, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Mobile, OTT, UK, USA
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
eyeIO Unveils Breakthrough Video Encoding Technology, Netflix First to Deploy
Feb 1, 2012 – eyeIO has announced its first commercial license agreement, with Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX). eyeIO video encoding is fully compliant with existing standards, making high quality video available anywhere in the world, on any connected device.
News categories: Netflix, eyeIO, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Rovi (Macrovision) Launches 'Liquid' Digital Media Guide
Jul 16, 2009 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI), formerly Macrovision, has unveiled a new media guide, codenamed 'Liquid,' capable of connecting consumers to entertainment content on the internet, stored at home, or broadcast, with a single user interface.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers